User Tag List

Likes Likes:  5
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tinnitus got significantly worse after 1st Rituxan infusion, thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Tinnitus got significantly worse after 1st Rituxan infusion, thoughts?

I had a virtual visit with Dr. Villa Forte at the Cleveland Clinic and she suggested I immediately go on Cyclophosphamide (aka Cytomax) to control inflammation and try to stop hearing loss. The thing is the inflammation markers result are not bad. But she doesn't just go by the blood results to decide on treatment). And my B-cells are non-existent (0).

So my local Emory doctor agreed to be more aggressive and I started Cyclophosphamide 25mg last Friday. She said to start with low dose. So, I am taking this in addition to the 60mg of Prednisone. Drs suspect the Rituximab infusion was not 100% effective. Another round of it would take too long to kick in and impact the hearing loss. She said Cytomax can work faster. I am terrified of the side effects, e.g. bladder cancer?

2. Likes drz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Tinnitus got significantly worse after 1st Rituxan infusion, thoughts?

Thank you Susan!

They put me on Cytomax (in addition to 60mg of Prednisone) to try to stop hearing impact.
    I'm seeing an ENT dr and a neurologist but neither one of them knows what's going on.
    I need to research if there is another type of doctor that would have more insight into what's going on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you take the vaccine or just from having COVID?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12