Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Coronavirus and GPA

Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

2. Likes John S liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

thanks. That is informative.

4. Likes Pete liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that the vaccine has been shipped and vaccinations begun, has anyone received a vaccination for Covid-19?

Has anyone received any recommendations on whether the vaccine is safe for us taking meds to suppress our immune system.

The other question is how effective it will be for us?My GPA doctor said we need more info to answer these questions.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

6. Likes me2, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mayo rheumatology in PHX told me it will be fine for me. 1 doc even suggested it could help with inflammation...we'll see. I'm waiting...tell me when you get it!! LOL
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

8. Likes Masha, Pete, Alysia, Debbie C liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone have any concerns WRT the rate of FDA approval of these vaccines? No prior vaccines for any of the coronaviruses. New strains popping up every day. Will the vaccine handle the new strains or will be be taking vaccines ad infinitum?

I'm not one that subscribes to conspiracy theories <sarcasm>except about the earth: totally flat</sarcasm>, but everything just seems off about this. Am I just paranoid? Is there any chance this can fizzle out organically like the other pandemics in Asia, Saudi Arabia, etc. eliminating the need for mass vaccinations?

The clinical research field does not normally function at this velocity. I'm concerned.

10. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by richard052018 View Post
    Does anyone have any concerns WRT the rate of FDA approval of these vaccines? No prior vaccines for any of the coronaviruses. New strains popping up every day. Will the vaccine handle the new strains or will be be taking vaccines ad infinitum?

I'm not one that subscribes to conspiracy theories <sarcasm>except about the earth: totally flat</sarcasm>, but everything just seems off about this. Am I just paranoid? Is there any chance this can fizzle out organically like the other pandemics in Asia, Saudi Arabia, etc. eliminating the need for mass vaccinations?

The clinical research field does not normally function at this velocity. I'm concerned.
    The proof will be in the results. I’m hopeful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think your concerns are valid. However, like John, I too am hopeful. I don’t think that any of us will be the first to receive it. Doctors, nurses and nursing home patients get it first. We will know it is bad before it gets to us. Or it could be long term effects, five or ten years down the road. In that case, I am not going to sit in my house waiting to see what happens. As a believer, I can just say if the pandemic hasn’t killed us and the vaccine does, then it was meant to be.
    Today I heard Costco has stopped all deliveries of flowers. They need the refrigerator trucks to rush the vaccine.
    Honestly at this point I don’t know who or what to believe, but I do know the moon landing was a big conspiracy......KIDDING!

13. Likes John S, drz, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I understand correctly, some trials with humans and animals ran concurrently—normally humans’ would only come after animal studies are completed. That and the great deal of urgency and a huge investment of resources could account for much of why these vaccines were developed much more quickly than others in the past.

I’ll be getting it soon unless my rheumatologist advises me not to do so. Not sure where I am in line but it could happen in the next few weeks. I’ll be sure to let everybody know how it goes.

15. Likes John S, Masha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are any of the GPA patients also essential medical workers or in assisted living facilities? They would be the first of us inline for the vaccine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can check in the USA how much Pfizer vaccine your state got and numbers of people in priority list. My state only got 4% of what they need for priority listed people so only those people working with Covid-19 patients will get vaccine this month. Even if the Moderna gets approved and shipped we still will only have enough for 60% of top listed health care providers so it will be a long time before they get down to the lower listed ones like us vulnerable people. Each state also makes its own list of priority but they seem similar in generally following the Federal guidelines. More vaccines might also be approved and become available but the top two that seem the best tested will be in short supply for many months. The third one that is less effective and lacking in numbers of clinical trials compared to the first two might become the most used if it get approved due to being the cheapest even if it is less effective. It is also the easiest to distribute since it doesn't require freezing temps.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

18. Likes Alysia liked this post
Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast