Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and GPA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Coronavirus and GPA

Cathy and I had our first doses of Pfizer two weeks ago. Second dose is next Tuesday. Dr Villa Forte wanted me to have covid vaccine at least three weeks before my next dose of rtx. Looks like I’ll be good there.

I had very mild soreness at the injection site for about 12 hours with the first dose. Hoping for a similar experience with dose #2.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

2. Likes chrisTIn@, John S, Debbie C, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just be aware the second dose can induce a stronger reaction, very flu like for a day or two. If so, that’s a good sign, means your immune system is working against the vaccine as it should. Just plan to have a day or two off work after the second dose.
    Life lessons for all of us;

Never eat at a place called Ma’s.
    Never shoot pool with a guy called Pop.
    Never try to eat anything bigger than your head.

4. Likes John S, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had an reaction to my second injection which felt like my allergic reactions to sulfa and Z -packs antibiotics. My throat started to tighten up so I went to ER and they gave me 40 units of Solu-Medrol. I had taken 2 generic benedril and tylenol already so they didn't give me any more of those. I had to repeat the benedril during the night but the next day only had the expected headache and fatigue and sore arm which went away in a couple days. One lady I know got very ill for three days and her arm was swollen and red but most people had no problem or reactions to the shots.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

6. Likes Alysia, woz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got my second dose of Moderna vaccine in January 28th. Had a Rituximab treatment this morning (500 units).
    “I love it when a plan comes together”

8. Likes shankxonline liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My wife and I got our second doses of Pfizer vaccine on 2/23. My wife had minimal reaction to it, but I had flu-like symptoms for about 24 hours. Feeling normal now. Next rtx is March 22.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

10. Likes John S, shankxonline, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same with us. Got the second Moderna last week. I just had a sore arm, but my husband had a delayed reaction with fever, chills, aches and pains. I saw my rheumatologist today. I never fully understood how those of us on Rituxin are for high risk terminal COVID. Just as I was starting to feel safe she gave me the percentage. It would be up to your own rheumatologist to share what they want with you. The Rituxin works for my GPA, so I guess it is six of one, half dozen of the other. I will be getting my next infusion in 2;1/2 weeks. The jury is still out on how effective the vaccine is with us. She said not to be surprised if I will be offered a booster at summer’s end. In the meantime I am to continue being sheltered, let no one in, no restaurants, shopping or travel. I do realize I am in that very small percentage of high risk, high blood pressure, high sugar due to prednisone, over 70, GPA. I am just hoping for a herd immunity. Thought the worst was over after receiving the vaccine, but now I understand it is not. More groundhog days ahead.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MARCH 29, 2021
    Rituximab therapy linked to more severe COVID-19 in patients with inflammatory rheumatic and musculoskeletal diseases: Study
    Rituximab therapy was associated with more severe coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) among patients with inflammatory rheumatic and musculoskeletal diseases, according to a study published in The Lancet Rheumatology.

Between April 15 and November 20, 2020, researchers analysed data of 1,090 patients (mean age 55.2 years; 67% were female) with inflammatory rheumatic and musculoskeletal diseases and highly suspected or confirmed COVID-19 from the French RMD COVID-19 cohort.

Of the patients, 63 were treated with rituximab, mainly for rheumatoid arthritis (49%), antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody-associated vasculitis (17%) and systemic sclerosis (11%). Of the 1,027 patients who were not treated with rituximab, a subgroup of 495 patients had diseases for which rituximab is a recognised therapeutic option.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

13. Likes Masha, John S, woz, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read drz post about theFrench study three times and do not understand it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it is saying this: Patients with inflammatory rheumatic diseases (IRD) may be more likely to acquire severe pneumonia due to COVID-19, according to a study published in the Journal of Rheumatology.1 Additionally, patients with autoimmune disease who are being treated with rituximab are especially at risk compared with the general population.

16. Likes Masha, drz, Dirty Don, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Re: Coronavirus and GPA

Quote Originally Posted by me2 View Post
    I think it is saying this: Patients with inflammatory rheumatic diseases (IRD) may be more likely to acquire severe pneumonia due to COVID-19, according to a study published in the Journal of Rheumatology.1 Additionally, patients with autoimmune disease who are being treated with rituximab are especially at risk compared with the general population.

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast