Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post

How are things for us users all around the world in different locales? How safe do people feel? Anyone in a hot spot area? Anyone tested so far?
I wrote a few words in the off-topic section, as it was my birthday today.
Our country is also in kind of a 'lockdown' now.
Most people who can work online do so, and stay home.
Others who work in vital sections as light, energy and transport of food and medication still go to their workplaces.
Schools will be closed tomorrow. People who work in healthcare and public services as police can still bring their children to school, they will be taken care of. We don't want the grandparents of these children to take care of them, and maybe be exposed to the dangerous virus. Children seem to have a somewhat lesser chance to be infected, but there is discussion about the fact whether they can transmit the virus.
Teachers are working on online programs, so most pupils can also do schoolwork at home.
The region I live has many people who are infected. At this time the hospitals can still do their work, but the situation worries me.
I stay at home with my husband, we see our daughter at 'skype' or 'facetime', but we can't hug her at the moment. We communicate with friends on whatsapp or by phonecalls.
Groceries will be delivered at home.
We only leave the house when strictly necessairy, for groceries we forgot, or to go to the pharmacy. I will call the pharmacy tomorrow, to see whether they can deliver medication at our home.
My husband and I both had a bit of a cold, but we did'nt get tested so far. You only get tested when you have a fever, and/or have difficulty breathing.
In general, all efforts are made to 'flatten the curve'. That means, that by taking all this precautions they hope we will not have to big a peak in victims, so that our healthcare-system will be able to manage things, and provide room at intensive-care units for the people who need it most.