Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and GPA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Coronavirus and GPA

What ever Vegemite can do, Marmite can do better!!!
    Diagnosed April 1995

2. Likes woz, Alysia, annekat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been seeing GOP advertisements asking people to protest the economy being closed.
    Before the country reopens there needs to be an effective treatment protocol and a vaccine.
    If they reopen the country, 10's of thousands of people will be murdered by the virus.
    It's abortion for people that are in their 700th trimester. or that have pre-existing conditions.

4. Likes drz, annekat, JeanMarie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My wife and I went to the OSU satellite center in Upper Arlington yesterday for labs. She has autoimmune hepatitis and was a month overdue for labs. I was two months overdue for mine.

When we arrived, we each took a shot of hand sanitizer as we entered the building. We were both wearing masks, but my wife was asked to take off her cloth mask and put on a paper surgical mask. (I was already wearing a paper mask.) They asked the usual triage questions and took our temperatures. From there, we went to central registration. The cubicles were set up for social distancing with every other one vacant. We were given our wristbands and sample stickers. Then they routed us to the lab in such a way as to avoid people entering registration. When we got to the lab, the waiting room chairs were socially distanced. The phlebotomists sanitized the space between patients. After giving samples, we left and my wife gave me more hand sanitizer before I got into the car. We felt safe the entire time. We went at about 9:00 AM when the lab is less busy.

Our results came in yesterday afternoon. Her’s were fine. Mine showed some possible evidence of (more) kidney issues, so I sent a note to Dr Villa Forte. We both feel fine.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

6. Likes Masha, drz, John S, Alysia, Keith liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last trip to Mayo was exactly the same: masks, temps, questions, directed and redirected, available sanitizers, it all went well & felt safe. Maybe better than usual! Oh, all the lines and checking in is being done OUTSIDE! It's nice and warm here, kills viruses!! LOL, just laughing in the face of anxiety! All be healthy!
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

8. Likes Pete, Masha, drz, John S, Alysia, Keith liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Our results came in yesterday afternoon. Her’s were fine. Mine showed some possible evidence of (more) kidney issues, so I sent a note to Dr Villa Forte. We both feel fine.
    Hope your kidney issues are too concerning!
    Diagnosed April 1995

10. Likes Pete, annekat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like someone re-registered me, as I was having trouble with that. Thank you. Now I can like and reply to people's posts. It will take some time to get caught up. Have been letting myself get bogged down with Facebook stuff, arguing against conspiracy theories, etc. A fruitless endeavor that becomes toxic, so I am ignoring new posts in that vein.

Masha, I always enjoy your posts. I'm sorry about your issues with appliances, etc. Same here, and since I live alone, there is more of a tendency to let things slide. Same with the cooking and baking, more fun with another person there to appreciate it. I would be making bread but still having trouble getting flour. There's some out there, but is bleached white. I always buy unbleached. The small amount of good flour I've seen, including whole wheat, is at a small convenience store and too expensive. Haven't looked everywhere, and good bread is available reasonably.
    I love your husband's idea of the white Christmas lights.
    Good news on the financial front ; I am collecting the special unemployment for self-employed persons, provided for in the CARES act, and it is making a big difference. I am grateful. I don't know when I will be allowed to sell my pottery at the farmers market again. I'm not even sure I want to do it anymore. But I would need to find something to take its place.
    Hang in there, everyone.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

12. Likes drz, Pete, Keith, Masha, John S, Arleta, chrisTIn@, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since I' was diagnosed I've always driven from Chicago to Cleveland to see Dr. Villa-Forte and get my Rituxin treatment. I stay at the Intercontinental Suites and enjoy the city a bit. My next treatment should be in September but I'm not sure I want to do the three day trip this time. Has anyone got experience getting treated at the Loyola Hospital in Maywood?

14. Likes annekat, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many did their survey on vasculitis and coronavirus and joined for support? It does seem strange to me that now when I am hunkering down for self protection and need more electronic communication to cope with the isolation that there seems to be very little activity on this forum. Since the pandemic seems world wide, I can't be the only one who is more physically isolated in a community where many or most activities are shut down or limited? And trying to stay safe and stay sane.

"Get Free Coronavirus Support for Chronic Illness Patients.
    Join the Global Healthy Living Foundation’s free COVID-19 Support Program for chronic illness patients and their families. We will be providing updated information, community support, and other resources tailored specifically to your health and safety. Join now."
    I read most of their advice which seemed very good and accurate to me.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

16. Likes annekat, Keith, Arleta, Masha, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, @drz. I don't remember seeing info about this before, so have checked it out and gone ahead and registered. I have perhaps been less socially isolated than you, but was already something of a hermit before all this started. My state is starting to open up but I'm very concerned about the future, with the protests nationwide and new cases starting to escalate again. All we can do is protect ourselves and loved ones and take it one day at a time.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

18. Likes Pete, Keith, Arleta, Masha, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grab a cuppa or a mugofa and I’ll update you on my latest. First, John, I hear you about not wanting to travel to Cleveland. We used to make my Duke trip an overnight outing, then the pandemic hit. My Duke doctor was retiring, so the choice to go local was a no brainer. And drz, yes where have all the people gone? I would love to hear from some of the infrequent visitors as well as the new people we welcome and support.
    Heard from Duke, they wanted me to be part of a research study. No thanks, I am staying home.
    I am the official barber, hairdresser and dog groomer in this house. The two 5 lb. poodles prove to be more of a challenge than giving myself or my husband a cut.
    The numbers of covid-19 have gone up in both N &S Carolina. I think people interpreted going back to work as an all clear. I live in an over 55 community (mostly 70’s) and you would think the teacher hollered recess with the way they are running around. If you are on this site and reading this then YOU know the grim reaper is not a figment of our imagination.
    All three of my doctors, part of the same group, called in my blood orders so I would only have to go to the lab once. I was most impressed with the new rheumatologist. My appointment with her isn’t for another three weeks, but her nurse called to tell me the doctor just finished reading all of my Duke records and sent in the blood work orders. Like most of you, many tests and they are the same I got from Duke, so I am feeling pretty good about her being thorough. So far, had the virtual visit with the internist, bone scan good, A1C down from 9 to 7, and cholesterol at 90. Yippee!
    Going for lab work was a real trip. A table set up outside, took temps, those without masks or homemade ones were given surgical. The place was packed. But I was prepared. Since I knew they wanted a urine test, figured I would simplify that and do it at home, place it in a tightly sealed jar and plastic bag in my purse. I wore a face mask, my new face SHIELD and gloves. It was early in the am, no food and a bit weak. But I climbed the steps, didn’t want the elevator and would not touch handrail. Hand in my paper work, only to realize I left one sheet in the car. Now, I have got to head down the steps, I am woozy and trying to balance the purse-remember the contents! I am all over the place. Who remembers the old I Love Lucy show, when she was going down the steps with a headdress on? The good thing about being old, onlookers could attribute it to my age, especially when I was laughing at myself. But to tell you the truth, I have always been a bit off balance. And speaking of balance I managed to hold the purse steady, safe and sound.
    Be careful and be well.
    Masha

20. Likes Pete, Keith, Arleta, John S, Alysia liked this post
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast