Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and GPA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Coronavirus and GPA

My wife and I received emails from Loyola yesterday morning, inviting us to schedule Covid-19 vaccinations. We had our first dose of the Moderna vaccine by 4:30 PM. Our second dose will be January 28th. My next Rituximab treatment should be at the end of February.
    “I love it when a plan comes together.”

2. Likes Pete, drz, Masha, Alysia, gilders, mishb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    My wife and I received emails from Loyola yesterday morning, inviting us to schedule Covid-19 vaccinations. We had our first dose of the Moderna vaccine by 4:30 PM. Our second dose will be January 28th. My next Rituximab treatment should be at the end of February.
    “I love it when a plan comes together.”
    That is impressive. Your state must be doing a great job in getting the vaccine out.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

4. Likes Masha, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had Googled “Loyola COVID vaccine schedule” and it gave me a form to fill out. We got the emails the next day

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, my friends,

Sorry for not being here for some time. I've missed you all

I also got the first shot of the Pfizer anti covid vaccin last Thursday, December 31 - best way to end 2020 Second shot will be 3 weeks later. Except from slightly sore arm for 2 days, so far I am doing well.

Israel has become first world leading country in anti covid vaccinations (considering population's size). Our prime minister was the first one to get the vaccin on Saterday's evening at the week before Christmas, and during those last 2 weeks more then million Israelis have already gotten the first shot 🇮🇱

What a nice Christmas gift we got

I feel proud at my country because they do it fast, safe, and fair. I got my vaccin in a drive in station sitting in the car. They have arranged many stations all around the country. First priority are medical teams, people above 60yo and immune compromised people. This is how I got my shot so early.

AND Since we can't be sure how much it will succeed with immume compromised people, they have also included our families to give more protection (above age 16). So, my older son and my daughter also got it together with me.

My parents who are 79 and 85yo got it in a hospital. My dad was very impressed and proud at Israel, and rightly so. Seeing how they respect the lives of the old and the sick 🇮🇱

As for WG - before going to do the vaccin I did blood tests and consulted with my WG dr. He said not to worry. That it is safe although we can't be sure how much it will protect me.

My Igg and Igm are below the normal so I didnt do rtx on Novmber as I should have done. Somehow, I guess dr. Phil is watching over me, as my wg is not too bad thanks to a new med, Leflunomide, in a trial to hold it without rtx as long as my Igg and Igm are too low. So it turns out for good considering the vaccin.

Sending you all prayers and much love
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

7. Likes gilders, drz, Pete, Masha, me2, mishb, seied, Debbie C liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So good to hear from you, Alysia.
    It's great news that you've had your vaccination and all seems to be getting well organised in Isreal. The figures I've seen show that just over 10% of Isreal's population have had the vaccine. It's also great that family members of immune compromised people get the vaccine too.
    The situation is very bad in the UK, worse than an any point since Covid-19 appeared.
    It's very scary knowing that whatever lockdown measures may occur in the UK, I will not be safe as supermarkets will not close and that's where my wife works.
    The lucky people to receive their vaccine in the UK are due the second dose 3 weeks later, but it is now looking like it will be 3 months later. They may not even receive the same vaccine, depending on what is available at the time.

Thanks for reporting back on your experience with the vaccine, it's great to hear you've had no adverse side effects.
    Diagnosed April 1995

9. Likes Peter Marsham, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have not any any reaction to the vaccine. My wife has complained everyday about how sore her shoulder is.
    A government web site safe.cdc.gov has contacted us each day to see if we have had any bad reactions.

11. Likes Pete, mishb, Peter Marsham, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

13. Likes me2, John S, Alysia, DStaelens liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Alyssa, nice to see you back, and good to see your family is getting good care. Just make sure you let us know if you grow elbow horns or get laser vision.

we’re still waiting for the rollout in Australia, but ScoMo (our prime minister) has bumped the schedule up from mid March to mid February. We’re still waiting on final safety approval from the Therapeutic Goods Administration but that’s more a formality at this stage. We’ll be getting the Pfizer and AstraZeneca vaccines and we have agreements to procure Novovax, which is a new one in me. It’s estimated that ten million people will be vaccinated by mid year.

it’s good to know that this too shall pass.
    Life lessons for all of us;

Never eat at a place called Ma’s.
    Never shoot pool with a guy called Pop.
    Never try to eat anything bigger than your head.

15. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Who else participated in this study?

17. Likes Arleta, DStaelens liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many have got their vaccination for Covid-19?

19. Likes Alysia liked this post
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast