Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and GPA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Coronavirus and GPA

Just getting in under the wire. My first dose of COVID vaccine is scheduled for Tuesday with the second dose 3-4 weeks following. I have an rtx infusion on March 22, and doc wants three weeks between second dose and rtx. Phew!!

We were able to get appointments online through MyChart at OSU. Hope the appointment holds.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

2. Likes John S, Masha, annekat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The good news is we all seem to be on the right time line. My second one is scheduled for Feb 17th, Infusion scheduled for March 18th. I was 6 months out from last infusion when I got 1st vaccine. I will be about a month and a half late for next infusion. But at least we are getting vaccines.
    The bad news is there is a new strain of COVID. There was an article in this weeks WSJ. It stated that it is coming from S Africa. Two people in SC have been diagnosed with it. They never traveled to S Africa. Moderna is looking at a booster shot to be added.

4. Likes John S, annekat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was tired all day today. Felt exhausted. I suspect this is from the second dose. I’m perking up now but my appetite is gone. My next Rituximab is at the end of February so it seems that all is well.
    My wife and I are planning to continue wearing masks and social distance until things settle down.

6. Likes Masha, me2, Dirty Don, Pete, annekat, PattyL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yesterday I was a few pounds lighter but back to normal (eating everything in sight).
    After both our first and second doses we were followed up by an after vaccination web site called "V-Safe". It is run by the CDC. After the first vaccination, it followed up every day or so for two weeks to see if we had any issues. It followed up yesterday and asked if we had gotten our second shot.

8. Likes Masha, Pete, me2, mishb, annekat, PattyL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We just got home from getting our first dose of Pfizer vaccine. OSU’s process was very organized. We were at the Schottenstein Center for about an hour. Second dose on 2/23.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

10. Likes annekat, Aneinu, John S, Masha, PattyL, mishb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    We just got home from getting our first dose of Pfizer vaccine. OSU’s process was very organized. We were at the Schottenstein Center for about an hour. Second dose on 2/23.
    Any side effects?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This morning, I have very minimal pain at the injection site — pain is a 1 on a scale of 0-10.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

13. Likes Masha, John S liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's reassuring, no flu like symptoms for either of you? chills, fever? I got my first shot Jan 29th now just concerned about the second one and the side affects. my arm was a little sore at injection site and I woke up with some vertigo don't know if that's related. I will def keep wearing a mask and social distancing as well.

15. Likes Pete, John S liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@PattyL

The first shot produced only the minimal injection site reaction. No fever, malaise, nothing. I get the second dose on 2/23. I hope I do better than I did with the second dose of shingrix vaccine. With that, I had mild flu-like symptoms for a couple days.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

17. Likes John S liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s been 2 weeks since my wife and I got the second dose of Moderna vaccine. We have gotten everything via online ordering and curbside delivery for 11 months. We have become used to stores “substituting” items if they don’t have the specific brand or size of what we order. They have also sold us fruit that we would normally not choose.
    I am itching to go grocery shopping. I think that we could do that safely, maintain distance, wear masks and sanitize hands. My wife is reluctant.
    Dammit.

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast