Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default VIF with my husband who has GPA

Hei,

After so many years trying, we didn't manage to get Child. We startet VIF from the end of januar, and luckily I had a short protokoll. We got 6 eggs fertilised. Tomorrow I am getting one of the eggs transfer back.

I am stressed now and hope for some support from you. I am going to ask my doctor to give me a few free days from work. I have a Job that I work with multidisabled children, and I have to lift them and move them physically very often. By children I mean they are at middel school age. They are quite heavy for me Even when I am not pregnant or Even when i was not going though IVF. Så I have been thinking about to keep myself away from my work a few days after egg transfer.

I have not told anyone about IVF at work. I work basd on contract, i have a contract to this summer. I am worried i cannot get renew because of VIF and projected baby. So I have not told anyone. Many bosses don't want to hire some baby planing or pregnant women.

I have permition from work after they took ut eggs, til Tomorrow. After Tomorrow I need to ask my doctor to give me a new letter to prove that I can not work. Doctor will not write why, but my work might want to hear from me what is happening, and why I am sick so Long (from last friday).

On one side I feel i need to behave good in order to get a new contract. On the other hand i feel nothing is more important than my baby. I can't ruin the whole VIF by going to work right after transfering.

I don't want to Lie, but I have to think about what I should say to my boss. I hope I am not going to be jobless. I hope I am doing the right thing...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: VIF with my husband who has GPA

Sorry to hear this and wish I could be of help. But wanted you to know someone had read your post. It sounds like you are doing a specialized job that not everyone would want to do, so maybe your boss could give you some leniency about time off. But at the same time, they still need your help. As a GPA patient myself, I wonder how your husband is doing and whether he is able to work, or does work. If not, I'd hope he could get some disability benefits or be eligible for other forms of assistance. I got SS disability quite easily, but it does take some time. And I was 58 when I got it, so getting close to retirement age anyway. I think it is harder for younger people. I wish you luck in your decisions, with your job, and with a baby. It might be a little early to tell your boss about that, but I hope they'll give you some consideration, since it's a normal part of life. And I'm hoping you get some more responses.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

3. Likes Masha, Arleta, Dirty Don liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

Thank you so much for caring and kind reply. My husband is doing well. We are lucky that he got diagnose early and was sent to spesialists at good time. We had some difficult time during his treatment. The medicines he got made him very unreasonable og so angry for nothing. He lost all hope and wanted to give up. That was about two years... But he has been getting better and his happily personality is returning. He can no longer keep his old Job. Now he receives very basic supporting money from the well fare Office and back to school. The goal is that he should finish a major and en education, so he can choose an office job in futhure.

We want a baby Even when we know it is not good time for it. Our income is largely relied on me, and VIF or pregnancy might make me jobless. I told the doctors that maybe we should wait until i get a stable Job before starting VIF, but the doctors disagree. My age has allrede became a disadvantage, they did not suggest to wait. So we decided to start it.

Now I am laying here and later I should go to hospital to get my egg back. I sent message to my work that I am going to hospital and do not think i can work this week. I don't need to say more, and by principle they have no right to ask what is happening to me, why hospital... I do feel bad about this, i do love my Job Even when it is very physically and mentally demanding. I do hope i can get a new contract. I hope every thing will be fine. Cross fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    Sorry to hear this and wish I could be of help. But wanted you to know someone had read your post. It sounds like you are doing a specialized job that not everyone would want to do, so maybe your boss could give you some leniency about time off. But at the same time, they still need your help. As a GPA patient myself, I wonder how your husband is doing and whether he is able to work, or does work. If not, I'd hope he could get some disability benefits or be eligible for other forms of assistance. I got SS disability quite easily, but it does take some time. And I was 58 when I got it, so getting close to retirement age anyway. I think it is harder for younger people. I wish you luck in your decisions, with your job, and with a baby. It might be a little early to tell your boss about that, but I hope they'll give you some consideration, since it's a normal part of life. And I'm hoping you get some more responses.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fingers and toes are crossed. I'm sorry that you have to live with such uncertainty in your employment situation. But I'm happy that you are looking forward to a baby and the joy that will bring. By the way, what you described about your husband's difficult attitude while taking meds sounds exactly like prednisone. We have all taken it and it definitely has that affect in many, especially at the higher doses down to about 20mg per day. You have probably noticed a big difference if he has tapered down to the lower doses. Anyway, best wishes to you both as you navigate the road ahead.

Anne, dx'ed April 2011

6. Likes whatthewhat, Alysia liked this post