Hello, Ive been reading up on Wegeners and found this forum. My husband is currently in the ICU and was diagnosed with Wegeners. It has been overwhelming and scary. His lungs were affected. He had alveolar hemorrhage & respiratory distress, so they put him on a ventilator with a breathing tube. They gave him a high dose of steroids, and two days later, after confirming Wegeners, added Rituxan. It’s been 11 days. His lung function has improved, but not enough yet to be taken off the ventilator. They are hoping to see more improvement in the next few days. Also he is still heavily sedated. They significantly reduced his sedation to try to see if he’ll respond to light commands. So far he has not. They said the next step may be a tracheotomy with the ventilator. What Is weighing heavily on me right now is if he ends up needing a tracheotomy with the ventilator, how long will he have it? When I asked the doctors, they said it depends on lung damage. It could be a short time, months, or permanent. I would like to know your thoughts on whether most people with similar complications eventually get off the tracheotomy/ventilator, is it only some, or is it rarely? Thank you