Hello everyone. Sorry I haven't been around at all for a while now. Ran into some difficulties with my bad knee, got overly busy at work and at home, and just lost track of all spare time for about 6 months.

A quick update: Disease has been in remission since I started Rituxan in 2013. YEA! Blood counts are still great, and I feel really good! I finally had a full knee replacement on December 4, and I am up and moving better than ever now. Went in thinking a partial replacement, but too much arthritis, and morning of the surgery, doc said the plans had changed. If it weren't for the post-op weakness from where my knee was dissected, I would be back to normal. I am really pleased with the outcome of the replacement! If anyone is in the Madison, WI area, Dr. Richard Illgen at University of Wisconsin Orthopedics is a ROCK STAR!

Since 2014, I've also taken off almost 70 pounds. Thanks to the prednisone and other factors, I was well over 340 pounds (that's when I stopped stepping on the scale). Yesterday morning I was 280! In November, I decided to try NutriSystem for a couple months to have food on hand during my knee recovery, and especially to try to get portion controls under some kind of discipline. I really like to eat, so it has been a struggle all my life to not eat too much. For a lot of years, that was a terrible struggle, but now I feel like I am on the right path to continue to take off the weight. I want this new knee to last a long time!

I hope all of you are well and having a good year so far. I look forward to catching up with all of you and read what you've been up to in the coming weeks and months.

My thoughts and prayers go out to our friends down under. I pray that you will all get some relief sooner than later!!!!