Thread: EustachianTube Dysfunction: Balloon Dilation

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: EustachianTube Dysfunction: Balloon Dilation

larrysb
    good info. my new ent thinks he can get the procedure covered but the balloon may be out of pocket for me. He suspects the problems in my right ear may be due to patulous (always open) et. not much to be done for it. tymp tube might help, might not or might make it worse. no fluid on that side. we will do a little extra testing on it in a couple of weeks. he thinks the dilation for the left might be a good fix.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have problems with my Eustachian tube being closed as well and have had 5 tubes put in, in 2 1/2 years. Mine usually last 6 months even thought they should last longer. My ENT as well has recommended getting the Balloon Dialation as well, which I plan on getting done. I have an appointment with my ENT next week and plan on getting things started to have it done.

Sandy

3. Likes me2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just bumping this thread with an update. My consult last year made it clear to me that a dilation a) might make things better, or b) worse or c) do nothing at all. So, I went ahead and put up with the spontaneous popping and clogging for another year. When I visited my regular ENT a couple of weeks ago, his audiologist confirmed (she worked with me on measuring while I recreated the condition then cleared it) a patchoulis tube. We did a temporary myringotomy to see if things got better before committing to a tube. It did improve, so a week later we put a tube in that ear. I had gotten two years and change out of the tube in the other ear. It had, conveniently, just worked itself out, so we replaced it at the same time. Interestingly, my ENT said the eustachian tube dysfunction in the newly tubed ear could be from the Wegener's or it could just as well be a delayed effect from when I was a much larger, heavier human being.

5. Likes me2 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12