User Tag List

Likes Likes:  22

Thread: What is the smallest dose of Rituxan?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What is the smallest dose of Rituxan?

I used Bactrim for a few years after dx in 2011, starting when I was taking Cytoxan. I was reading about it a lot on the forum, too. I also remember reading that in addition to being a prophylactic for infections like pneumonia, especially a specific kind that AIDS patients commonly get, it was also thought to help prevent relapses. I thought it was you, @me2, among others, maybe, who mentioned bacteria in the nose and sinuses, specifically staphylococcus aureus, of which MRSA is one type, that could stimulate relapses, which I think your doc had discussed with you. And that Bactrim DS, taken 3x per week, as most of us have who've taken it, could be effective in working against this bacteria and thereby working against relapses. It may be just a theory. But it could explain why it made your nose better, @Alysia, though it didn't prevent your relapses. And @Kirk, if you can still take Bactrim, you might consider it.

As for me, when I had switched to methotrexate and eventually gotten a new rheumy, he said Bactrim was "overkill" with MTX, and unnecessary. I can't be sure he is right, but I seem to be doing OK without it over the last few years.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by annekat; 01-05-2020 at 03:39 PM. Reason: more accurate
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

2. Likes me2, Alysia liked this post