Hello Everyone,
I starting getting sick October 7th 2019. I thought I had the flu. On the 9th I noticed a skin ulcer on my left foot. The morning of the 10th my left groin swelled up. At this point I went to the doctor. I was hospitalized that afternoon. An ultrasound was done on my groin. It showed an abcess. At this time I also developed a bad cough and my oxygen level dropped. Antibiotics and Prednisone were prescribed. Morphine was prescribed for the pain in my groin. I was there for 5 days. Things were getting better. I felt pretty good. 4 days later it flared up again and I was back in the hospital.I also started have pain and tingling in my feet and legs at this time . My doctor contacted a rheumatologist. At this time I was prescribed Plaquinel with my Prednisone. An appointment was set with the rheumatologist . Now the blood tests began. The quickest I could get in was Dec 9th. The rheumatologist looked at me and diagnosed me with Wegeners. He stated that I needed to start Cellcept and Rituxan right away. The order was sent in yesterday. Im just waiting to get my first treatment. I am scared , angry and uncertain all at the same time !