Thread: Medical Cannabis

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Medical Cannabis

Hi All,

Last year I started using CBD cream to alleviate pain in my legs. It works really well and I've been able to avoid using OTC medicine.
    This year I'd like to explore the world of medical cannabis to see if it's something that will work for me. I'll be discussing this with my Dr at my next appt.
    Please share if you have any expertise or experience using medical cannabis.

Here are some interesting facts along with some reference links at the bottom of the page. Hope you find it helpful.

Cannabinoids are certain chemical compounds found naturally in cannabis. There are about 500 compounds found in the cannabis plant, at least 85 of which are cannabinoids. The two most well know are THC and CBD.

THC is the acronym for tetrahydrocannabinol, which is the most well known of the cannabis compounds. THC stimulates the section of the brain that causes the release of dopamine; this means, simply, that THC affects perception, mood, and behavior and is the source of the “high” we feel after ingesting cannabis products. The higher the level or dosage of THC, the stronger the high you experience. It is important to note that in addition to the psychoactive effects THC offers, this cannabinoid also has anti-inflammatory and therapeutic benefits (for pain relief). There is also evidence of THC-A (the acidic kind of THC) fighting cancer cells, specifically prostate cancer. Pharmacologists are conducting research on THC and other cannabinoids to better understand best uses, benefits, effects and medicinal properties of the cannabis plant. For newer users, it is important to begin your cannabis experience with a low dose of THC (5mg or less) to figure out your individual preference.

CBD is perhaps the second most popular cannabinoid and you’ve probably been hearing more about CBD and seeing products with higher doses, either together with THC or on its own. The acronym stands for cannabidiol and it is used more medicinally than THC, as it is not psychoactive (rather than stimulating you emotionally like THC, CBD calms you down and alleviates anxiety and pain).

Benefits of THC & CBD (components of cannabis)

Fun Fact: FDA has approved 3 synthetic cannabinoids and 1 plant-derived cannabinoid for medical treatments.

Cannabis does not have to be smoked (save the lungs.) Intake methods include vaporization, eaten in food, taken under the tongue or swallowed as a tincture, oil or even juiced.

Check with your doctor or pharmacist before taking any medical cannabis if you are taking any prescription medications.

Possession of marijuana is illegal under federal law and carries stiff penalties and consequences in many places.

• Thirty-three states and the District of Columbia currently have passed laws broadly legalizing marijuana in some form.
    • The District of Columbia and 11 states -- Alaska, California, Colorado, Illinois, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nevada, Oregon, Vermont and Washington -- have adopted the most expansive laws legalizing marijuana for recreational use.
    • A number of states have also decriminalized the possession of small amounts of marijuana.

Links:
    https://mychronicrelief.com/wp-conte...ed-8.24.17.pdf
    https://mychronicrelief.com/what-is-medical-marijuana/https://www.cannabinoidclinical.com/...n-cannabinoids
    https://www.leafscience.com/2019/08/...consuming-cbd/
    https://www.medicaljane.com/category...eutic-benefits
    http://cannabis-med.org/index.php?tpl=page&id=18&lng=enhttps://foggydazedelivery.com/cannab...cbn-explained/
    https://www.governing.com/gov-data/s...reational.html
    http://www.ncsl.org/research/health/...uana-laws.aspx

Wishing Good Health to All,
    Lisa

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Re: Medical Cannabis

Hey people. This could be a topic for some rational discussion. Anyone have any input?
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rational and pot don't always mix well! So, this is experientially subjective! THC is in all forms of pot, just reduced in its CBD state. CBDs are an anti-inflammatory and act as such with a mild feeling of well being. THCs mess with the dopamine and may make one feel better...it also has CBDs in it. Herbs, waxes, and vaping all are exceptionally strong with THC, but much milder when reduced to CBD states. I use both...mostly for hip & back pain...do they eliminate it? No. They do make it more bearable...but not a cure. BTW, pot in many states is OTC anyway with state restrictions. Some still use medical MJ rules, but use is still the same for most people. It's not addictive as many think, easy to walk away from each day or whatever. CBDs do require a bit of a build up in the system, but it happens pretty fast depending on methods of ingestion. But, I ramble on, time to find the CBDs!! LOL
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

4. Likes andrew, Leeski, mishb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got some CBD cream. Used it on my back last night. As usual the sinus and jaw on the right side of my face hurt. With whatever residual was left on my hand, I rubbed my nose and cheek. This sounds unbelievable, but all stuffiness and aches left immediately and stayed away. Back was good too. I will probably repeat tonight.
    My question is, who is using CBD oil. I read where it helps with (among other things) RA patients. Does it also help insomnia? How many drops do you use?

6. Likes drz, Alysia, Leeski liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As soon as pot became legal in WA, I tried a variety of things to see what might help the pain. Since my neighbor owned the local pot shop, I was able to get free stuff from damaged packages or samples. I tried quite a few things and nothing seemed to help that much. In a way, I was relieved that nothing helped, because if it had helped, then I would have a reason to stay home instead of travel and I prefer to travel as long as my health is semi-good. One product, however, that worked really well was called Crash. Crash was supposed to put you to sleep and it worked as advertised. The other stuff I tried didn't seem to help much.

8. Likes Masha, Leeski, drz, me2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Masha,

I'm so glad that the cbd cream has worked for you. I've found that its trial and error to find which cbd products work for me. I've tried several different cbd creams, gummies and oil and found some products work for me others don't. The oil I use is dosed as 25mg/1ml dropper. I usually take 1 dosage. I've replaced otc pain medicine with cbd products.

Lisa

10. Likes me2, Dirty Don liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will say that I take CBD daily, as my wife has hounded me to to. It has helped a great deal. Maybe a bit more than the meds have. With all of my hip issues I cant give you guys a truly accurate gauge. Full octane has def helped as well.

Harrish0I2 Guest

Yes, I heard quite a lot about this from my friends, but I personally am categorically against it because many people use medical cannabis to relax and to get rid of addiction to any other hard drugs. For example, my friend used heroin and he became addicted to this shit. He tried for a long time to stop using it, but as a result, he could not cope. Then I decided to act differently and help him. I knew that he smoked vape and I decided to buy a new mod for him, as well as purchase liquid for vaping with cbd from www.stupidspammylink.co.uk. So I hope that this will help him get rid of this completely, but there is already progress.