Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Question on O2 lvls...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Question on O2 lvls...

When I was at the pulmo on thurs my O2 sat was 86, should I worry about that or is that ok? My pulse was 80 and bp was 128/82. Don't remember my resp rate. I didn't even think of that at the time, but now it seems a mite low to me. I been using the advair 250/50 twice a day and it seems to cut the coughing down. Don't know that it helps the dizzies much tho.
    God I wish the weather would break. And I wish I felt better. It gets depressing going for all these tests and procedures and it's just exhausting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel your pain Anna. Going thru some stuff right now. Blood pressure is good. O2 sat is low. It should be above 95%. Are you short of breath? When do you get dizzy?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I get breathy sometimes and am dizzy more often than not the last week or so. I figured it was because of a cold I'm recovering from. I told the pulmo about it. He didn't say much other than to stress to me I definitely need this CT tomorrow and follow up with him and the uro. The past month or so I have to rest a LOT when doing anything or get breathless. Just pant like a dog. Last week outside I tried helping the kids shovel, man that didn't go so hot, lol. I finally had to just push the shovel along the ground into the street, rest a few minutes, then push another line out. And still worn out. Today I am not even attempting it, because if something happened, no ambulance cud get here with all the snow. But the cold air actually feels good to me. Every night at about 11 pm I get a heat wave. I've had a complete hyst 7 years ago, so thought it was hormonal. So I let the dog out and stand in the doorway a few minutes. :P

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are having a CT of your head? You need to find out why you are dizzy. I would tell your doctor today. I was put on a cardiac unit from being dizzy and then passed out. They usually like to check out your heart and head. Sometimes it could be a sinus infection.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I get sinus infections a lot plus it's in my ear this week also. Better today than yesterday though. I thought it might be the ear doing it as well as the air thing. But it started before the ear so I don't know. I'll tell pulmo at my next appt if I haven't already. So many appts and tests, it's hard for me to remember everything. I haven't gone down yet so that's a good thing. I'll sit when things get fuzzy. I'm pretty careful. I think I did too much yesterday is why I'm beat today. The boys and I made an orange poundcake. It's so good! If we weren't snowed in I'd have gone and picked up some whipped cream to have on it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anna, if your oxygen sats were 80 sitting down in the doctor's office, you can bet they're much lower when you're exerting yourself. That can cause dizziness for sure. Before I was diagnosed, I was increasingly short of breath until I wasn't even able to walk 5 ft without doubling over panting for breath. My lungs were hemorrhaging for at least 3 months before we knew it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh that's awful. I can walk about a quarter of a block before I rest a minute and then walk back. I always take my big ol doggy with me, so I'm not alone.
    I don't think my lungs are bleeding tho, as I haven't had blood with my coughing. I bet you were so scared when that happened to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anna,
    From what I am learning about Wegs is that you can be hemmoraging (lungs bleeding) without coughing up blood so don't discount that. I too am concerned about your O2 Sat 85% is not normal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

O , ok. Do you think the CT will show any bleeding tho? I have that tomorrow.
    I'll ask the intake lady in the morning to put the oximeter on me and see if the sats are improved any. I may have just been having an off day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CT should give information. Ask them to take your sat, take it easy and don't over-exert in the meantime. :-)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast