Likes Likes:  14

Thread: new

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default new

I'm about 6 months in to this GPA thing. Been most affected in my kidneys after all the body pain was treated with Prednisone. I also have MS now for the last 9 years. I'm wondering if anyone else here also has both of these.

2. Likes annekat, me2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: new

Welcome to the forum, HSD. I can't speak specifically to MS, but I know it is not uncommon for a person to have more than one autoimmune condition. I hope if someone here also has MS that they will see this and reply. I'm sorry about your kidney involvement, as that seems to be the most troubling, not that any of our symptoms and involvements are a walk in the park. So far, I have ear, sinus, and lung involvement, and am doing pretty well after being in treatment since 2011. I'm glad you found us but sorry you had a reason to. This is a welcoming and supportive community.
    Anne

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

4. Likes Pete, drz, seied, Aneinu, me2, Alysia, Masha, Keith liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the forum. I know a lady on facebook who has both WG, MS and few other AI diseases. She is an amazing warrior and writes a blog. Here

https://doctoraspatient.blog/2019/10...mune-syndrome/

You can try to contact her through her blog (check under the menu) or if you want me to connect you with her, please send me pm here. As far as I know she is not a member in this forum.

Interesting thing is that a medicine she has started for MS also helps her subglotic stenosis which is suspected to be caused by WG.

How long do you have MS ? In what ways it affects you ?

Sending you prayers.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

6. Likes annekat, Masha, seied liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    Welcome to the forum. I know a lady on facebook who has both WG, MS and few other AI diseases. She is an amazing warrior and writes a blog. Here

https://doctoraspatient.blog/2019/10...mune-syndrome/

You can try to contact her through her blog (check under the menu) or if you want me to connect you with her, please send me pm here. As far as I know she is not a member in this forum.

Interesting thing is that a medicine she has started for MS also helps her subglotic stenosis which is suspected to be caused by WG.

How long do you have MS ? In what ways it affects you ?

Sending you prayers.
    Meantime I checked with this lady. She said that now her docs think that after all her subglotic stenosis is not caused by WG but is idiopatic. So although she had the diagnosis of WG for few years, now they have changed it. Anyway it is worth reading her blog.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

8. Likes annekat liked this post