Thread: In process of being diagnosed

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: In process of being diagnosed

Quote Originally Posted by Aneinu View Post
    I have never heard or researched limited gpa, and it sounds like Alysia is correct. You either have it or you don't. However, we were introduced to a middle aged man who developed gpa and has routine rtx infusions, but other than the initial episode, he has not experienced any significant symptoms.

Godspeed to all

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Some docs use the "limited GPA" concept when there is no kidneys' involvement. But we all know that WG can be life risking even without kidneys' involvement and that it can spread to more vital organs if it is not treated.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

2. Likes seied, Masha, me2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lea- I, like you, considered myself healthy too, what a throw back to watch my life being turned upside down. You are in the right place joining this group. I went back to work in the ER after being off during my biopsies and Retuximab treatments, have had to up my Prednisone just when I thought I could get off it totally, not going to happen at least for awhile yet. Working in the environment that I do, I am at risk for contracting all kinds of illnesses that people come in with. I wear a mask in triage if patient is coughing, has traveled, high fevers etc but I am still at risk. ER is all I know but looking for a different position in the system to keep retirement funds. I am one of those who will have to work until God says I am done here. LOL. I know its tough trying to figure out this GPA, I am still learning. Good luck, keep good thoughts, a positive attitude, be it hard at times, makes a world of difference. Sherry

4. Likes Pete, Masha, drz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pete -
    Army?? my husband gets his hearing aids for free from the VA! He wasn't in the service very long, but didn't even know about VA benefits until 4 years ago. Time to check it out,

jan

6. Likes Keith, Pete liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Lea,
    Welcome to the forum! I too had been diagnosed as “limited GPA”, this was 23 years ago. The thought being that no major organs are affected. I even had one Dr say that all the tests that came back positive to GPA were false positives because I was not in renal failure & he did not believe I should be treated. Luckily for me he wasn’t actually my Dr. Alyssa is correct-they no longer use this terminology because things can change so quickly.
    As for working in the school-I work in health care and am around sick people all the time. I can tell you I have only gotten sick from a patient once. I use extreme hand washing techniques and am very particular about my personal space. I will say though, I can pretty much guarantee whenever my 5 year old gets sick.. I will get it much worse than her. So I also try & keep her as healthy as possible.
    Natty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you natty and I am glad to hear this. With students, even when I did not have GPA, I was always very careful. I guess I am being extra careful now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12