Thread: Imuran Side Effects

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Imuran Side Effects

Quote Originally Posted by gilders View Post
    With 4xRTX infusions every 6 months you may not need an extra maintenance drug?
    But there is one you didn't mention that you'd tried, Mycophenolate. That may be an option.
    I doubt they'll put you back on Aza, but I was on it for the majority of about 20years. Dr's believed it was the cause of my immature, odd shaped red blood cells, which reverted to normal after I came of Aza. It also stopped being effective after 20 years. Overall I think it was a good drug for me for the first 19 years.
    I had the immature red blood cells from one drug I tried to take instead of Bactrim so I ended up getting Pentamadine nebulizer treatment every month instead. I have been on AZA almost nine years so who knows what side effects might turn up from it or any of the many drugs i take now but without all the various chemicals I figure i would be long gone years ago so I just enjoy the bonus years and hope they last a long time for me.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

2. Likes Alysia, Masha, Dirty Don liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Imuran Side Effects

Hi There,
    This is very good info. I just finished my last of 4 RTX infusions today, still feeling really bad, went back up to 20 mg of pred from 12.5. Excessive sweating, brain fog, confusion, shortness of breathe, irregular pulse up and down, etc. Dr is talking about immuran, all of these side effects scare me! I am wondering what is working best for people along with the RTX?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12