Likes Likes:  12

Thread: Newly diagnosed and Divorcing

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Newly diagnosed and Divorcing

Hi all! The rug feels like it’s been pulled out from under me. I started having respiratory symptoms in March. Before my “diagnosis” the drs and I thought it was asthma. During this time, after 30 years of marriage and two lovely daughters, my husband and I decided to divorce. I hadn’t even had time to process that and a month later I was told it looks like I have WG. The drs still aren’t sure and I’m having test after test. My entire marriage I have walked on eggshells, constantly stressed and anxious. We still live together and the anxiety and stress continues which I know isn’t good for WG. Our 14 year old hasn’t been told about either of these huge life changes we are undergoing. Kids are smart, and she knows something is up but we’ve decided to wait to tell her anything until anything’s definite. I honestly feel like I’m losing my mind. Our entire family is out of state, and support from my husband is nonexistent. I’m grateful for the good friends I have and hope I can find and give support here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Newly diagnosed and Divorcing

Shawny, you have my sympathy. I see you have started another thread, so I am going to go look there. And welcome to the forum, you have come to the right place!

Anne

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

3. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am so sorry that you don't have the support you need, that is the worst, dealing with this on your own. If you have walked on egg shells with stress and anxiety in your marriage, maybe after you two make your final decision,what ever that may be, I hope you find the support you need. This forum has so many caring people who understand what you are going through with this disease, they have been there, done that for many years now, we are new to the diagnosis and still trying to figure everything out. Best of luck, Sherry

5. Likes annekat, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m so sorry. It sure sounds like you have a lot of stress in your life right now. I know from my personal experience, stress is a trigger. That being said, until things have been decided, it doesn’t sound like there will be an end in sight. Please know there are fantastic people on here that have great advice. Please feel free to vent. Hope things will get better for you soon.
    Natty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes annekat, Masha, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the kind words. My husband has found a townhouse for me. Moving right now is more stress. We haven’t begun mediation and it scares me to go so fast. I’m looking for a new rheumatologist as the one I have is not someone I can continue working with. My 14 year old daughter is showing high anxiety and some depression over her fear of my illness, the thought of moving, and the divorce. So much stress!! I’ve startrd meditating and know from experience that it will help lower my stress levels but I’ve only done it three days so far. Thanks for letting me vent!

9. Likes annekat, me2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for all the stress. Meditation is a great idea. I've been telling myself I need to make time for it, and your words may influence me to just do it, and not to forget to. I have stress, too, but not as much as you do right now. I think meditating will help.

Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You do have support of everyone here, even if we can't physically be with you and have a chat over a cuppa (that's a cup of hot tea, preferably with a dash of milk)
    No matter what support you have, it's going to be a very rough time for you. But once everything is sorted out, your life will be better than it's been for a very long time.

Please keep us updated on your health and how the move is going. Young people do adapt quite quickly and with less battle scares, so don't worry to much about your daughter.
    Diagnosed April 1995

12. Likes annekat, Alysia, Dirty Don liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bad deal, indeed. Annekat and I are both of WA, so if we are anywhere close, let us know.

14. Likes annekat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vdub View Post
    Bad deal, indeed. Annekat and I are both of WA, so if we are anywhere close, let us know.
    Yes, please do!

Anne, dx'ed April 2011