I am in the process of being “diagnosed” and feel very confused. It started in February with what my PC thought was an upper respiratory infection. After antibiotics, prednisone, x-rays and a CT scan I was referred to a pulmonologist. She did a lot more bloodwork and a second CT scan. I had enlarged lymph nodes in my lungs that had grown. Needle biopsy showed no lymphoma but no lung tissue taken at the time. More bloodwork shows elevated protein marker but ANCA negative. Same with repeated bloodwork. My pulmonologist thought it might be Wegeners. I went to a rheumatologist who said she agrees it sounds like Wegeners. Her plan was to start high prednisone treatment instead of an invasive lung biopsy. My pulmonologist agreed. I’m not sure what to do. They aren’t sure what I have, so is it smart to just throw high doses of prednisone at it? I have bipolar disorder with severe anxiety and am very concerned about the emotional effects of the prednisone as well as the possible drug interactions with all of the psychotropic meds. I feel so much less alone since finding this forum.