Hello All

I am from San Francisco area and recently have been told that I might have GPA. Came as a complete surprise from what I went through in last one month. Happy to have a "name" to my pains but I am scared and confused on how the road ahead looks. So happy to see this forum and all the good support members have been giving others in the same boat.

A month ago, I got in ER due to right kidney stone problem. During the exams at the hospital they found a stone alright but also found my left kidney in serious nephrosis (cause unknown). I had no clue or pains about the left kidney at all. While I was getting ready for the out patient surgery to overcome the kidney problems - I started getting severe joint pains and at one point just couldn't walk on my feet. Hands and feet muscles felt weak and when I stood up it felt like standing on very sensitive nerves at the bottom of my feet. Docs first thought was Rheumatoid Arthritis and was put on taper dose of Prednisone. It worked like magic and the pain was gone. I am in week 2 with 20mg prednisone per day and it seems to control the joints pain.

Every day evening, however, I start getting back the pain and nights are tough. I have started seeing some high pressure in my eyes - but not seen any other symptoms that I read here like bleeding nose, difficulty breathing or tiredness. Just acute muscle and joints pains which keep moving from different parts of my hands and feet.

Positive ANCA report and all inflammatory markers has made my Rheumatologist to suspect that I have GPA/WG. but I don't know if that's what it is. Many more tests to follow before I would know...

• Anyone has had similar symptoms?
  • What other tests do docs do to pin point what type of vasculitis I have?
  • how long should I expect to be on prednisone?
  • any good doctors in this are you would recommend from your experience?