Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 1000mg or 2000mg rtx ?

Thank you so much for your comments, my friends.

But - wait a minute - I was misunderstood: rtx is still effective for me ! I never said that it's efficiency for me is less. No way. Actually the 2000mg which I was on since 2013 was so effictive that we tried to go for the 1000mg.

So, dont worry, @John S. Also my wg dr. Has lots of experience with rtx and he said that it doesnt lose its efficiency.

What I did say is that I am not sure that the 1000mg are enough for me. My wg is stubborn although mild. Some of us need higher or lower dozes of meds to work properly. Each one is different. For example sometimes only 30mg pred or more will work for me. At others 10mg pred will be enough.

This round of rtx which is only 1000mg feels like its not enough although again, my symptoms are mild. I had my labs. Creatinine is ok. Thank God. Also CRP. C-anca and Pr3 came back negative. They are indicators for flare in my case. So it seems that I am not in a flare. Although there is some wg activity, "smoldering". My joints are aching hard especially during the nights. I elavated my pred to 10mg for few days. It helps although not all the way. Actually while I type now I need to rest my hand every couple of minutes.

I want to try to hold myself with the 1000mg only.

Maybe there is also kind of "taper" reaction with rtx like there is with pred ?
    Last edited by Alysia; 09-07-2019 at 03:46 AM.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.