Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lena's story

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Lena's story

Kirk, somehow I'd thought you had mentioned NAC before. Guess not. I have a lot less mucus since my sinuses have eroded and nothing can collect there anymore. But I still have some, and the problem of it collecting in my trachea and being too thick to easily cough out. I hope it helps you, remember, may take a couple weeks, 600mg twice a day.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

2. Likes me2, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, Lena! I'm not on here as much as I should be anymore. It means that things are going well for me. However, your comment about developing arthritis in your hands intrigued me. I have also developed arthritis, but thought that it was just an old age thing. I never thought it might be associated with wegs. My rheumy has also told me that I might have psoratic arthritis. Anyway, you can see that the joints on some fingers are beginning to bend and the bones on the tips must be eroding, because the fingernails are becoming sharply rounded. Its all just kind of a big pain.

Fingers.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Likes annekat, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@vdub, that is interesting. I have arthritis at the base of one thumb, just below the wrist, and can see it starting on the other one. There is what I would call a knot on each. I know this is related to making pottery, and my rheumy says it is osteoarthritis, the wear-and-tear kind. I believe him, and was figuring the only other type of arthritis I might get would be rheumatoid arthritis. You have mentioned psoriatic arthritis before, and I just looked it up and saw that it, too, is a rheumatic disease and may also involve the skin. I will spend more time learning about it. I'm sorry that your fingers are flaring up, and hope it is not too painful and can be controlled with meds. I think my nails look a little rounded, too, but no finger deformities beyond the two "osteo" knots I mentioned before. (The left one is painful mainly when making pottery.) I have always kept in mind that people often have more than one autoimmune condition, and since there's been RA among my relatives, I figure I'm a natural for it. Now maybe I'll mention the psoriatic variety to my rheumy and see what he says.

All that being said, I'm glad to hear that you are doing well enough that you don't have to think about WG a whole lot and have taken a little vacation from posting on here much. Nice to hear from you, though!

Anne

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

6. Likes drz, Alysia liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12