Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Prednisone Reduction

Pete,
    Am looking for the prednisone taper chart you put in a while back.
    Masha

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Prednisone Reduction

It’s post #1 in this thread.

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/5835-Pred-Taper-Completed?highlight=Prednisone+taper+Pete

Currently taking 15 mg to see if I can get a flare under control. Looking for a dose of rtx next month. And so it goes...
    Last edited by Pete; 08-11-2019 at 12:32 PM.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

3. Likes Masha, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Pete. It has taken me 2 months to get down 1 1/2 mg without a flare. Any faster and I will be back where I started.
    Sorry to hear you are having a flare. Do you know what brought it on? Or do you think it is just part of this crazy GPA, not knowing the what, when and where. Has it hit your sinus?
    Be well soon.
    Masha

5. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Masha View Post
    Thanks Pete. It has taken me 2 months to get down 1 1/2 mg without a flare. Any faster and I will be back where I started.
    Sorry to hear you are having a flare. Do you know what brought it on? Or do you think it is just part of this crazy GPA, not knowing the what, when and where. Has it hit your sinus?
    Be well soon.
    Masha
    We sold our house and bought a smaller condo in May. We moved in late June. Cathy went into the hospital on July 3, and was diagnosed with autoimmune hepatitis ten days later. She’s recovering ok. It was a very stressful time for both of us. I’m guessing the move and all that went with it triggered her disease and my flare.

My wegs symptoms are clearing up. I just had a purpura rash on my legs, and the neuropathy in my feet was a little more pronounced. No sinus involvement, though. I’m working with Dr VF to get rtx next month.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

7. Likes Alysia, Dirty Don, Jaha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry about the flare @Pete and about your wife's disease. Stress is a triger for flares. Sending prayers for both of you. Please update us.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

9. Likes Jaha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wishing you both the best for getting things calmed down.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Geez-O-Pete! You guys got hit with a double whammy. Stress is hard on GPA, sometimes it just can’t be avoided. Moving is brutal, but at least now no worries about maintaining a yard or shoveling snow.
    I looked up Cathy’s disease. Sounds brutal. Hope you are both taking it easy now. Maybe after your visit to CC you can both enjoy a good meal at the Italian restaurant up there.
    My husband is big on avoiding stress. He avoids the TV news, but still reads his WSJ. We both decided not to get shook up with the constant battle between our HOA and residents. When someone asks why we don’t get involved we simply say our health can’t take it.
    You had been doing so well, but this darn Wegeners is a sneaky monster. I am confident Dr. Villa Forte will have you swinging those golf clubs in no time.
    Be well & best to Cathy.
    Masha

12. Likes Pete, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Masha

Cathy is on the mend. Her liver enzymes are getting close to normal. She’s feeling better every day and getting her energy back.

My flare has been pretty minimal. Pred is clearing up the rash. I never felt bad. Just a little extra tired. I’m still playing bad golf with the geezers every Thursday. It’s been fun.

Thanks for thinking about us.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

14. Likes Masha, Alysia liked this post