Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Biosimilar for rituximab

Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

2. Likes Masha, annekat, drz, Keith, shankxonline, DStaelens, me2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Biosimilar for rituximab

I wonder what the cost will be, compared to that of Rituxin.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey All - I have been recommended to take this - Ruxience - instead of Rituxan. Anyone has had experience with it to share? Any indication of dosage that you have heard/experienced?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good news. I just hope the cost are much lower. In June of 2020 I got the 4 week infusion for Rituxan. The cost that the infusion center charged 54,000 for each week(the Rituxan and cost to get infusion). In December of 2020 I had a 6month buster. The cost for just one week infusion was 62,000. I was lucky last year I already went past my yearly out of the pocket expenses. I’m still on my company’s insurance (cobra). I pry that the cost for this new drug is much lower. Be safe all.

6. Likes shankxonline liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My insurance refused Rituxan coverage recently because I was getting it sooner than 6 months. The maker of Rituxan , Genentech, was very fast and very helpful in supplying it for free for me. I just got the infusion a few days ago. Not only did I get approval but the approval lasts for the next year. I already have my next Rituxan appointment scheduled and they will supply it.
    They supplied for me many years ago too - before Rituxan was approved for WG and I remembered from that time how helpful they were.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by me2 View Post
    My insurance refused Rituxan coverage recently because I was getting it sooner than 6 months. The maker of Rituxan , Genentech, was very fast and very helpful in supplying it for free for me. I just got the infusion a few days ago. Not only did I get approval but the approval lasts for the next year. I already have my next Rituxan appointment scheduled and they will supply it.
    They supplied for me many years ago too - before Rituxan was approved for WG and I remembered from that time how helpful they were.
    Ah - didn't know thats an option. For now - going with Ruxience for tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take some reading material or computer or something to keep you busy as it takes several hours. You maybe know that. Some food is good too if they don't have some there.
    Sometimes I even fall asleep for a while after the benedryl pill takes effect. I actually look forward to the infusions now that it is old hat.

10. Likes shankxonline, annekat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Took frist Ruxience infusion (800mg) today and went un-eventul during the process. Now waiting and watching... but so far, so good.

Pre-med given: Solumedrol, Benadryl, Tylenol.
    Infusion rate: 25 -> 400, took 4.5 hours total

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's great it went well for you. I don't know what the official idea is for when it starts to work but I can say that my OWN experience is that it takes a full month to have effect. For me , nothing happens- in fact I might still be getting worse WG symptoms in the next several weeks. Then, almost to the day, a month later I start to feel better.
    One reason I'm aware of this is that time and time again I would think "Oh, I had the infusion 3 weeks ago I SHOULD be feeling better any day now" and then nothing would happen. I just have to wait the month for results.
    I'd like to hear if others have a similar experience - I don't know.
    So hang in there. You've done the important part and the rest should be smooth sailing.

13. Likes Masha, shankxonline, annekat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ruxience Biosimilar for Rituximab

Me too. My insurance (BCBS) did not approve Rituxan/Rituximab for my infusion. Instead they are making me take Ruxience biosimilar.
    I would be interested in any feedback on this drug.
    I'm disappointed because Rituximab was effective for me 4 years ago and I don't know anything about this new drug.
    Is it the same?

15. Likes me2, annekat liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast