Thread: Newly Diagnosed

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Newly Diagnosed

Quote Originally Posted by sshiveley View Post
    I am not comfortable with changing my doses yet, staying on 15 until I see the Dr. again but I have seen here on this site that many people do this, just don’t trust myself yet to play with the doses. I hope to be able to stop taking Prednisone all together but afraid that won’t be the case. ��
    Agreed, you can change your dose later on once you have achieve remission, are taking low doses and gained experience with this.
    There are two stages to our treatment: 1)Achieve remission 2)Maintain remission.
    If you experience symptoms coming back at this early stage, I'd recommend to let your doctor know right away so he/she can manage your dose.

2. Likes Masha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being new to this will take time to figure out what my body is telling me, thanks for your input, Sherry

4. Likes seied liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sherry, Regarding your long term disability_ If you qualify for long term disability and you have paid into Social Security for 40 quarters, you are qualified to receive the full amount of SS that you would receive at age 65, in addition to your disability income. Not only that, you would then qualify for Medicare. Health insurance, such as Medicare is paramount to someone with our disease. Your employer is probably taking money out of your paycheck for insurance right now. If you add up the cost of your commute, lunches, insurance etc, you might just be breaking even with this plan. You just might want to make an appointment with a disability attorney to see what steps you need to take.
    Masha

6. Likes andrew, seied liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marsha, Thank you so much for this information!! I will definitely look into it, Sherry

8. Likes Masha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sherry, Just had lunch with friends. Their nephew has an autoimmune disease too. He applied for the disability 3 times. He was rejected the first two, but got it on the third try.
    Masha

10. Likes sshiveley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What was the breaking point that they approved him? I still have to make appointment with disability person, just don’t know if I can swing it financially. Sherry

12. Likes seied liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don’t know why they finally approved it. I am guessing there are questions that qualify you. With Wegeners there are days when some of us just can’t move, and at other times it is different. Maybe someone else on this site is on disability SS and can help with information. Also you might try to google SS disability.

14. Likes seied, annekat liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123