Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Newly Diagnosed

Quote Originally Posted by sshiveley View Post
    The rheumatoidologist specializes in GPA, I really don’t think I am in remission either, don’t feel like myself at all, which is frustrating as I was always active. I was on sick leave for 2 months but now back at work in the ER. Co-workers ask how I am feeling and say I look great, I just smile and say thanks but underneath it all I feel terrible. I really hope I don’t blow my septum, can’t afford another surgery or time off if work. It all could he worse though, I see so many tragedies every day which keeps me in check. Sherry
    Dear Sherry,

Sorry you are also going through this.

I'm about to complete my second year with this and I managed to figure out a few things about how this disease and the treatment interact with each other, which I will share soon. I'm almost in remission and no longer afraid of relapsing. Currently using Mtx weekly and a little Prednisone daily.

Right now, I think a good option for you is to contact HR to determine if you have a short-term disability coverage, and if so, you may want to use it. Your health is of utmost importance, and managing this illness is very difficult and challenging.

In the long term, as you know, the treatment is immunosupression, possibly for the rest of your life. In your line of work, you're exposed to all sorts of pathogens. Our risk of suffering complications of opportunistic, contagious diseases is dangerously high.
    Ed.
    (I'll follow up later)
    Last edited by seied; 07-23-2019 at 02:29 PM.

2. Likes Masha liked this post