Likes Likes:  13

Thread: Help

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Help

Hi guys im Neha from India. Im a wegeners pt last 13 years. Recently had a flare in throat. Unable to speak eat n drink fr last 20 days due to severe ulcers n severe pain. Got hospital n spent 2 lakhs of my savings on bills. Dr suggest rituximab which costs 35000/- fr 500mg. Im not in a state to afford it and looking for smaller of monetary help....its a matter of my life and death...im with no job... Plz help
    Last edited by brokenangel; 05-15-2019 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Spelling

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Help

Hi angel,

I am so sorry that you flare...

Please check in the following link - this is the company who makes rtx. Try to check your options and send them an email. Tell them about your situation. I hope it will work.

https://www.genentech-access.com/pat...n-nhl-cll.html

Please update us. Sending you prayers.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanx Alyssa fr d link...however its gonna be of no use to me since im based in India and the company is in united states. They offer support only to people in respcive countries. Im in dire need of financial support....can you post my need in ur support groups where people can donate some money for my meds

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi angel,

I know that the company of rtx is located in US but since they also sell it to india, they might be able to help you too. Try to send them an email and explain your situation.

A year or so ago we tried to help another member from the forum who had no money to make a living, but it was not very succesful. So I doubt we can succeed now.

I tag @nagesh who also lives in India. Her son gets rtx. Maybe she has any good advice.

I tag also @prabu who lives in India and get rtx. He might know where and how to get help in India.
    Last edited by Alysia; 05-17-2019 at 02:09 AM.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

5. Likes drz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Angel,

Sorry to hear about your situation.

I am also not sure how rtx link work in India. But my doctor told me that if we directly approach the agents who supply the medicines to the hospitals we can get the RTX medicine with half of the price. I am not sure where do you live and which doctor you are consulting. But you can check with your doctor and I hope they will help you for getting medicine with minimal costs.

I suggest you to try to get medical insurance. Nowadays in India, central government and some of the state governments provide the free medical insurance to the people with some minimum income eligibility criteria. I provided below links and in long run it will definitely help you.

Tamilnadu government medical insurance scheme - https://www.cmchistn.com/eligibility_en.php

Prime Minister's Nation health protection Scheme - http://pmjandhanyojana.co.in/nationa...kshan-5-lakhs/

On funding perspective I think you can use some crowd funding platforms like Milaap (https://milaap.org/) . You write your story with estimated cost letter from your hospital and your medical conditions. They will verify your details with hospital before publish for funding.

Thanks,
    Prabu.

7. Likes drz, Dirty Don, gilders, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry about your predicament.
    I suggest you ask your doctor if Methrotrexate (Mtx) would work for you.
    Here in the US, a month's supply costs only $40.
    Good luck to you.

9. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'll just chime in with one thing. It's entirely the individual's choice whether or not to give money to strangers on the Internet so I won't stand in anyone's way. Just please don't be blaming me if it all turns to poo. Have a nice day
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

11. Likes Dirty Don, mishb, Masha, Rose, Alysia, gilders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried contacting the company directly but they haven't replied. Tried the Pradhan mntri Yojna but its for below poverty line card holders.
    N andrew sir dont worry no blames to you or any one for ft matter. In fact im very thankful to you'll for having created this group here.
    Its my appeal to all members here...in India we dont have much of crowd funding or insurance for pretty existing illness....so my appeal to u all day whosoever can contribute please do contribute. Even smallest of amount can save my life...

13. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi angel,

I understand that you need finnacial help so very much.. I am sorry about not being able to help...

are you still in the hospital ? How are you doing ? Do you have anyone who helps you ?

Sending you prayers.
    Alysia
    dx 2008