Hello and thanks for adding me.
My journey on this crazy ride actually began back in 2009 when I had problems with my tears ducts and had to have Jones tubes put in both of my eyes. I attributed this to having repeated eye infections. Fast forward to 2018 when I got the flu in January followed by months of sinus infections that never seemed to clear up or respond to meds. By May I began having ear infections and started losing my hearing in my left ear. In September I felt so bad that I ended up in the hospital with double pneumonia and where they suspected Wegener's which was confirmed in October.
So here I am today introducing myself and still having so many questions and being appreciative of finding this wonderful forum.
Since November I have gone from 60 mg prednisone down to 5 mg and am on 20 mg methotrexate and folic acid.
So that is my journey so far. I haven't seen any great improvement yet but I remain hopeful and look forward to learning and understanding Wegener's more. Thank you so much for affording me the opportunity to join all of you!