Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Hello from another new member

My pr3 has only fluctuated one time in 6 years, I was trying to go drug free at the time, ask your rheumy how much experience she has had with wegs, a second opinion wont hurt you if you are unsure, its better to ask a silly question, than regret something you should have asked.

I write things down to ask the rheumy, as I always seem to forget something.
    Good luck
    Regards Woz...

2. Likes Alysia, annekat, Tricia E liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Hello from another new member

Labs every 2 months are indeed not enough if you are not in remission. Ask to do your labs once a month until you will see that your wg is calming down.

The most important one to check in your labs is the creatinine (kidneys related), to make sure that wg hasn't affect the kidneys.

You can also ask to check your egfr (kidneys related), ALT and AST (liver functions - might react to meds or to wg flare), Hemoglobin, ferritin, fe-iron, transferrin (anemia related - can indicate wg activity), CRP and ESR (inflamation markers).

If your wg dr. Is trying to treat you well, then maybe she will be willing to consult about your case with vasculitis experts. My wg dr. Made a consultation about my case at least twice (that he told me about).

Dont get stressed about wg. It can be treated. Just keep an eye on it, learn as much as you can, prepare questions etc. Also, "pray, hope and don't worry" (quote of someone wise).
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

4. Likes Dirty Don, NatriceRomeo, annekat, Tricia E liked this post