Hello all,
I have been on Rituxan for several years now. A few months ago I developed pneumonia and was hospitalized several times for it to get IV antibiotics. Then I was put on inhaled Tobramycin. I take the Tobramycin twice a day for 28 days. Then nothing for another 28 days. It seems to be working well as I have not had pneumonia again. I am on my third cycle of Tobramycin.

Because of the repeated pneumonias my Rituxan infusions were stopped. I had been getting them every 4 months. I am happy to report that I have had NO Rituxan for 8 months now and I am doing fine. My doc says that he is seeing people able to quit the Rituxan after a couple years. It is looking like I am one of those people. So far.

I had an antibody test a few days ago and it shows that I am very low on antibodies. Because of this he says I will likely stay on Tobramycin until my antibodies come up - or, give me an infusion of IVIG.

Has anyone here been in a similar situation? I'm wondering how the decision is made to do IVIG. So far I am tolerating the Tobramycin very well. I wonder if I will be kept on that instead of getting IVIG. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Kirk