Likes Likes:  8

Thread: 2019 International Vasculitis Symposium

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up 2019 International Vasculitis Symposium

Registration is open for the symposium in Minnesota this year. I have already registered and booked my room for the event.

Here is a link for the event https://www.vasculitisfoundation.org...lis-minnesota/

It's been a while since I last posted but I was able to retire in 2018( medically) and sold my insurance agency. I have gotten more involved with the Vasculitis Foundation and now serve as a member of the Board of Directors. Retirement has been great so for.

Hope you get a chance to attend. This will be my 4th symposium and I always learn and get to meet others fighting GPA and other types of vasculitis.

One of the sessions that is creating interest and has been asked for is regarding CBD oil. We have a researcher from Temple coming to discuss her research and the use of CBD oils.

2. Likes drz, John S, MikeG-2012, Bing505z, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 2019 International Vasculitis Symposium

We're booked and will see you there Victor!
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

4. Likes blu4runner liked this post
    Bing505z is offline Banned for being a douchebag
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blu4runner View Post
    Registration is open for the symposium in Minnesota this year. I have already registered and booked my room for the event.

Here is a link for the event https://www.vasculitisfoundation.org...lis-minnesota/

It's been a while since I last posted but I was able to retire in 2018( medically) and sold my insurance agency. I have gotten more involved with the Vasculitis Foundation and now serve as a member of the Board of Directors. Retirement has been great so for.

Hope you get a chance to attend. This will be my 4th symposium and I always learn and get to meet others fighting GPA and other types of vasculitis.

One of the sessions that is creating interest and has been asked for is regarding CBD oil. We have a researcher from Temple coming to discuss her research and the use of CBD oils.

Great to see you getting more involved. Excellent! From the last symposium, I see how the foundation is really great for someone new to vasculitis and all, but I would like to see more outside of the box thinking....moving away from the old, stale, destructive, and traditional treatments...and more focus on cell therapy, reprogramming of cells, stem cell, immunotherapy from cancer immunology which utilizes the immune system to fight. These developments from the biggest autoimmune disease...Cancer...must be looked at. I enjoyed the last symposium...but I would like to see more on advanced research in the mentioned areas instead of two doctors giving me some yada yada and then a sales pitch on a new drug that they are both working on which has yielded what??? Thanks for your involvement and looking foward to what is coming around the corner. Cheers!

6. Likes seied, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Appears admission and transportation could qualify as an HSA expense. But not lodging and meals.

Why is medical conference admission/transportation eligible?
    However, as opposed to the cost of meals, medical conference admission and transportation is eligible, because it directly relates to the medical treatment of the account holder or a qualified dependent. This ruling is heavily contingent on IRS regulations which control what is reimbursed through consumer-directed healthcare accounts. Under IRC 213(d)(1), "medical care includes amounts paid for the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease, or for the purpose of affecting any structure or function of the body." This includes medical equipment, supplies and devices. As such, meals and lodging fall outside this distinction, but admission and travel expenses directly relate to the medical conference and are therefore eligible.