Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes Masha, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Dry cough

Thank you so much, my friends, for your kind words and thoughtful wise comments... I love you

It is amazing, Michelle, that we both have exactly the same cough (my sister from down under) and also that whatthewhat's daughter also had a similar dry cough. It makes me think that it is wg related.

The lungs dr. Rulled out asthma. Chest X ray was clear. I don't have shortness of breath. So it cant be COPD.

Anne, I guess that if it was allergies then the pred might be treating them ?

It is very humid where I live (10 km away from the mediteranian).

I saw my ENT on Thursday. He only has scope for the nose in his office so he checked my throat with a little mirror. He said that there is no indication for silent reflux, Thanks God. Also the throat and the vocal cords looks normal. He couldn't explain the cough.

@whatthewhat what meds does your daughter use in the nebulizer ? I think it might worth the try. Will see what my lungs dr. Will say. I will see him on April.

@mikecaven now that you mention the antibiotics I recall that in the first years of WG I also had a cough (can't remember how dry it was) and antibiotics helped it.

Thank you for being here. God bless you.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alysia, I'm not really thinking you have allergies, but if you did, the amount of pred you are taking might not necessarily be enough to treat them, while a larger amount would. But a doc might choose to use a localized steroid inhaler for allergy symptoms rather than increase the amount of pred that is going through your whole system. My last pulmonologist, who was treating me for Wegs, and whom you might remember I didn't like much, really didn't want to give me a steroid inhaler during grass season, my worst allergic time, saying that the pred and mtx I was taking should be enough . But it wasn't, I was having trouble breathing, and I had some extra pred, and I upped my dose myself, and it helped. When he found out, he went ahead and prescribed me a steroid inhaler because he didn't think I should be on that much pred. The next year, when grass season came around, he forgot all about that and once again hesitated to give me an inhaler. I protested that I couldn't breathe, and he gave me some samples he had of a steroid inhaler. This is the same man who had prescribed me inhalers before he knew I had Wegs. He retired, and my current pulmy insists on my using steroid inhalers even though he knows I have Wegs and take pred. It isn't just for allergies, but for my lungs in general. Others might disagree with his approach, but I do think that just a little pred might not be enough for all allergy situations. And any doc might choose a steroid inhaler over more pred.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by annekat; 02-17-2019 at 10:00 AM.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

5. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    Alysia, I'm not really thinking you have allergies, but if you did, the amount of pred you are taking might not necessarily be enough to treat them, while a larger amount would. But a doc might choose to use a localized steroid inhaler for allergy symptoms rather than increase the amount of pred that is going through your whole system. My last pulmonologist, who was treating me for Wegs, and whom you might remember I didn't like much, really didn't want to give me a steroid inhaler during grass season, my worst allergic time, saying that the pred and mtx I was taking should be enough . But it wasn't, I was having trouble breathing, and I had some extra pred, and I upped my dose myself, and it helped. When he found out, he went ahead and prescribed me a steroid inhaler because he didn't think I should be on that much pred. The next year, when grass season came around, he forgot all about that and once again hesitated to give me an inhaler. I protested that I couldn't breathe, and he gave me some samples he had of a steroid inhaler. This is the same man who had prescribed me inhalers before he knew I had Wegs. He retired, and my current pulmy insists on my using steroid inhalers even though he knows I have Wegs and take pred. It isn't just for allergies, but for my lungs in general. Others might disagree with his approach, but I do think that just a little pred might not be enough for all allergy situations. And any doc might choose a steroid inhaler over more pred.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the info, Anne. I am on 5mg pred for wg but also on 6mg budezon for my colitis, which is also a steroid. I think I will ask for allergies tests. Its easy to get them done here.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

7. Likes annekat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Alyssa,
    I can very much commiserate with you! I had a couch for several weeks, my PCP was very frustrated with me & to be honest not nice about it either. I had a rheumatologist app a few weeks later & my chest x-ray was negative. The rheumatologist prescribed some inhalers. After a further week, had a CT scan done that showed something but no one knew what it was. Got a new Dr-pulmonologist whom did several more xrays never showing anything. Finally got a bronchoscope done. My right lung is really inflamed & oozing blood. It appears as the Wegeners has migrated to my lung. However-all chest x rays say it’s negative! It’s frustrating. However, if you know there is something wrong-I would assume there is something wrong. I wish you luck.

9. Likes Masha, drz, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NatriceRomeo View Post
    Hi Alyssa,
    I can very much commiserate with you! I had a couch for several weeks, my PCP was very frustrated with me & to be honest not nice about it either. I had a rheumatologist app a few weeks later & my chest x-ray was negative. The rheumatologist prescribed some inhalers. After a further week, had a CT scan done that showed something but no one knew what it was. Got a new Dr-pulmonologist whom did several more xrays never showing anything. Finally got a bronchoscope done. My right lung is really inflamed & oozing blood. It appears as the Wegeners has migrated to my lung. However-all chest x rays say it’s negative! It’s frustrating. However, if you know there is something wrong-I would assume there is something wrong. I wish you luck.

Thanks for sharing Natti. Are you feeling any better ?
    Was the bronch and the cough the only indications that wg was active ?
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Alyssa, thank you for your thoughts. I think I am slowly getting better. I did not have blood drawn to see what my ANCA was but yes, the cough and bronch and weight loss were the only things that suggested the Wegeners was active. This is actually a new phenomenon for me as my Wegeners was just associated with sinuses and joints prior to this. I wonder how common this is for it to progress. I hope this finds you well, your cough is hopefully controlled? Sending positive and well thoughts your way.
    Natty

12. Likes Alysia liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12