Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Need help

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Need help

I'm at a loss. My boyfriend, who was great in the beginning, helped after I got infusions (let me rest, got water for me etc.) Is now completely different. I work what I can an I try to push further. When i do I get exhausted. One day hes like you need to rest you shouldnt push yourself so much and the next hes yelling at me saying I dont work enough. I got a little upset the other day cause I forgot to get something at the store and he told me to not be myself, to be anybody else. My question is, am I selfish for wanting to leave? I'm his ride to and from work, I do the grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning... he has an 11 yr old daughter too.... I want to leave cause I'm not happy but I feel selfish and want to cry when I think about it. Please help?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Need help

Dear Lily,

No, you are not selfish at all. You sound like a kind lady who tries to do her best, eventhough its very hard to be sick with WG and to do what you do.

You need to rest indeed. And you need and deserve to feel peace.

No one ever is allowed to yell at you or to insult you or to treat you the way your boyfriend does ! No matter what, he is not allowed to treat you this way ! And since he does, you are free to chose what is best for your health and for your well being.

You deserve to be loved and to be respected by a gentelman who will be considerate and understanding.

Do you have family or friends living near you, who can support you ?

We are here to support you. You can cry if it makes you feel better. Please update us.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do have family near by. I also have been talking with an ex recently and hes been saying the same thing (only reason we broke up was I thought it would be better for him). I have been talking with him because he was there when I was first diagnosed, and has seen how serious it can get. Hes the one that's been encouraging me to rest alot, but has also been helping me with stress. I havent told my family anything my boyfriend has been saying to me, cause I dont want a fight to start

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being sick with WG is indeed serious, and stress can make things worse. It is important that you will be embraced by friends and family who can support you, and who understand that you need to have enough rest, caring and peace of mind.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

5. Likes Arleta, Bing505z liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take care of yourself first. If someone doesn't deserve you, don't try to rely on them. If you need help, ask your friends rather than stay in a relationship in hopes that the other will be nice.

7. Likes Alysia, Dirty Don liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UPDATE: had another fight yesterday, talked with my ex. Were in agreement were going to put money together and get a place. Is going to take some time but have something to look forward to at least

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the update. I am glad you have a plan and support. Please take care of yourself.
    Alysia
    dx 2008