Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Cold, flu or flare

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Thanks John.
    I was unable to get appts with Dr. Calabrese or Dr. Langford so made appts with Dr. Villa-Forte. What is she like? How should we prepare for the culture shock of appearing in Cleveland later this month from Nashville for possible extended medical visits, tests, care? Cold weather gear, I would expect.
    She is the best! An angel! You will love her.

I usually stay at the Intercontinental Suites. Be sure to ask for the Cleveland Clinic patient rate if you stay there. They have a shuttle bus that will take you to the Crile building. Check the weather listings before you go and know that conditions around the Great Lakes change quickly and often .
    Last edited by John S; 02-05-2019 at 08:30 AM.

2. Likes annekat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you have any concern about Dr. Villa Forte, you need to check out who wrote the Merck Manual for GPA:

https://www.merckmanuals.com/profess...lyangiitis-gpa

FWIW: don't get concerned if on your first visit if one of the residents does your initial interview, Dr. Villa Forte will make her grand appearance, and you will be blown away by her knowledge. Biggest thing I like about seeing her/talking to her is she has literally seen it all, and was able to quickly mitigate some issues for which my local Rheumy really had no clue. Not to take away from my local Rheumy, who is great, and I'm satisfied with her care, it is just surreal though to go see a doctor that can make a legitimate claim of being one of the best in the world.

4. Likes John S, annekat, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dr Villa Forte is awesome!! My first appointment with her was in 2012. It was supposed to be an hour and 40 minutes. Two hours and 10 minutes later, she had all the information she needed. She sent me downstairs for labs (the only time I know I was tested for c-ANCA, p-ANCA, and PR-3) — all were still positive. She put me on mtx. According to her, I’ve had my lifetime allotment of ctx.

I suggest you establish a myChart account with Cleveland Clinic. This will give you an e-mail connection to her and will allow you to see your records.

She responds to e-mail within 3 working days. If it’s urgent, I’ve called her and she responds that day. It may be as late as 10:00 pm.

In summary, she’s thorough, she listens, and she’s generous with her time.
    Last edited by Pete; 02-05-2019 at 10:50 AM.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

6. Likes annekat, Masha, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Considering the difference between flu/ cold or flare - if one has the flu he will get better in 7-10 days without any treatment. If its wg flare he will get worse in time without adding wg treatment.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

8. Likes annekat, John S liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    Considering the difference between flu/ cold or flare - if one has the flu he will get better in 7-10 days without any treatment. If its wg flare he will get worse in time without adding wg treatment.
    This is true! But oh those interminable 7-10 days waiting and feeling as if the world may be coming to an end.

Oh well, most of us are so accustomed to the return of suffering again and again that we just get tougher with time.
    Not fun! Finished with 7th RTX infusions but feeling ICU sick. Won’t go to hospital of course- who would?

10. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is true! But oh those interminable 7-10 days waiting and feeling as if the world may be coming to an end.

Oh well, most of us are so accustomed to the return of suffering again and again that we just get tougher with time.
    Not fun! Finished with 7th RTX infusions but feeling ICU sick. Won’t go to hospital of course- who would?
    How sick are you after rtx ? When did you get it ? Do you have fever ? In some cases you should go to the hospital.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

12. Likes John S liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    How sick are you after rtx ? When did you get it ? Do you have fever ? In some cases you should go to the hospital.
    Nowhere to go here in Nashville Medical people are so clueless here would not submit to a useless ER visit although I would likely qualify for ICU sick Have to make it until visit at Cleveland clinic a week from Tuesday. No fever. GI involvement. Tachycardia, high BP on Beta Blockers & Ace inhibitor. Thanks for asking!

14. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nowhere to go here in Nashville Medical people are so clueless here would not submit to a useless ER visit although I would likely qualify for ICU sick Have to make it until visit at Cleveland clinic a week from Tuesday. No fever. GI involvement. Tachycardia, high BP on Beta Blockers & Ace inhibitor. Thanks for asking!
    @[email protected]

Found this doc on the Vasculitis Foundation website:

CAPIZZI, STEPHEN A., M.D.
    Mid State Pulmonary Associates
    300 20th Avenue N. #503
    Nashville, Tennessee 37203
    Phone: 615.284.5098 Fax: 615.284.5385
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks so much for thinking of me & sending info on Dr. Stephen Capizzi. I actually ran across his info myself and called for an appointment. Found out he limits his practice to Pulmonary vasculitis and doesn't deal with systemic disease. We will need to move and soon!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pete
    dx 1/11

18. Likes annekat liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast