Thread: Gilders Tests

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gilders Tests

Hey Gilders,
    Haven’t forgotten you are due for some big pre-surgery tests soon. Please tell us you are still on schedule and they haven’t delayed you again.
    Masha

2. Likes annekat, Alysia, gilders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Gilders Tests

Hi Masha,
    It's really heart warming to know people are thinking about me and wishing me well !
    It's 22.45 uk time at moment and it's tomorrow lunchtime when I meet the surgeon and hopefully will get a date for transplant.
    My appointment last week with kidney dr didn't go too well. My kidney results were much worse and she said I needed dialysis before the operation. I was stubborn and said that I didn't mind how ill I felt, I still wanted to avoid dialysis before transplant. Fortunately me blood results were slightly improved after seeing the dr, so it's now 50/50 if I'll have to have dialysis.
    I'll either update here or on my original transplant thread when I get home.
    Diagnosed April 1995

4. Likes Pete, me2, Masha, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best wishes for a successful procedure!

Quote Originally Posted by gilders View Post
    Hi Masha,
    It's really heart warming to know people are thinking about me and wishing me well !
    It's 22.45 uk time at moment and it's tomorrow lunchtime when I meet the surgeon and hopefully will get a date for transplant.
    My appointment last week with kidney dr didn't go too well. My kidney results were much worse and she said I needed dialysis before the operation. I was stubborn and said that I didn't mind how ill I felt, I still wanted to avoid dialysis before transplant. Fortunately me blood results were slightly improved after seeing the dr, so it's now 50/50 if I'll have to have dialysis.
    I'll either update here or on my original transplant thread when I get home.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

6. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally got my kidney transplant date - Tuesday 5th March. They're fully booked up until April, but managed to squeeze me in at the beginning of March. (I'll update my transplant thread).
    Diagnosed April 1995

8. Likes Masha, Alysia liked this post