User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: PYGEUM for prostate: Have you used it (men only)?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default PYGEUM for prostate: Have you used it (men only)?

I know this is a Weg's forum, again, but couldn't find another forum off-hand. For many it's a wonder drug. My whole reason for taking was to eliminate my getting up at night (I have counted as many at 5 times before morning). I have even wondered if that wasn't contributing to my fatigue in the morning - that maybe I wasn't returning to "REM" sleep for having to get up so much. Maybe I needed to take for a longer period (took for about 1 month), but so many have seen great results within days. It did help with the "flow" (each time eliminating a healthy amount), but I was still getting up as much as before. Will ask my doc, but don't know how up he is on it. Question:

Do you take it? What type of results and how long before you saw the results?

Many thanks!

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: PYGEUM for prostate: Have you used it (men only)?

Never heard of it. I take 0.4 mg/day of Flomax (tamsulosin). I rarely get up to pee between midnight and 6 AM.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Never heard of it. I take 0.4 mg/day of Flomax (tamsulosin). I rarely get up to pee between midnight and 6 AM.
    Was taking Flo - then doc added Finasteride on a whim w/out saying why (they often go together I've been told). Took them for maybe 3 months. Wanted to find a more natural way. Never heard of Pygeum either, Pete, but I Googled and was amazed at the info/reviews on it. At the health food stores, some prostate supps include it I noticed. Can I ask:

1. How long you've been on Flo (doc said it could be months before I might see results of not getting up)?

2. So you're saying prior to Flo, you DID get up multiple times?

3. Any side effects with Flo for you?

Discouraged right now about what to do. Don't have my own doc, per se, as I don't have insurance right now, but the doc at this clinic is pretty thorough and conscientious. Thanks, David

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Answers:

1. About 8 years - shortly after GPA dx

2. I was up 2-3 times a night before flomax. Might have been due to wakefulness on 60 mg/day of prednisone.

3. No side effects that I can identify.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried various meds for prostrate issues but finally got a TURP when I had recovered enough remission to do such a surgery after GPA diagnosis. They only last about 5-7 years so am looking at other options again. A friend had the UROlift procedure and said it worked well for him. Google it and read about it. I will be investigating this next time i see my urologist.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!