Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forum Map

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Forum Map

Our free forum map (url in my sig below) is frozen. I hadn't been on it for quite some time and apparently no one else had either since it has been frozen since last April. The people who offered the free service have been quite successful and have so many people using the service that they can no longer offer it as free. I'm not sure what the charge would be (they never said), but to continue the map I'd have to pay. Since the map hadn't been opened in 8 months, its probably not going to be missed. It was pretty neat while it lasted. Thanks, vw

2. Likes annekat, whatthewhat, Masha, Alysia, mishb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Forum Map

Holy New Year, fearless leader! We could have a thread, I suppose, with just "where are you from" as the comments? Or maybe, even better, where you are treated! But, I tend to agree that if it wasn't touched for 8 months it might not be of interest. I did like the idea of the candles, when I first came on here - just the idea that someone would not be forgotten. Thanks for all you do here.

4. Likes Masha, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was nice and I also liked the candles, although we were getting too many. I did look into the price and its $200 a year for a 1,000 views. However, I saw where you could ask for special provisioning and I have made a request. We'll see what happens. Happy New Years, guys and gals!

6. Likes Pete, Masha, annekat, Alysia, mishb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we could start a thread called gone but not forgotten. This could include the obit info. We could have another thread called memories of departed users where we could share memories of those users.This would not cost us anything.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

8. Likes Pete, Masha, annekat, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GOOD NEWS! Thanks to the kind folks at ZeeMaps in Cupertino, we have been added to the exempt list. Everything for us is back to normal. THANKS VERY MUCH TO ZEEMAPS!! :-)

10. Likes annekat, Masha, Alysia, mishb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool! I always liked browsing the map, though I guess I sorta forgot about it. We have new members who can check it out. And maybe we could have a link to it on the forums home page like we used to, where it would be easier to find. Thanks for your work in getting it back, for free!

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

12. Likes Masha, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's always a link in my signature block and I thought we did have a permanent link up front somewhere. I'll check and, if not, I'll put one on.

14. Likes annekat, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vdub View Post
    There's always a link in my signature block and I thought we did have a permanent link up front somewhere. I'll check and, if not, I'll put one on.
    We did, but I think it disappeared some time ago when the home page went through some changes. I've never been able to find it there since, though it's been a long time since I looked.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

16. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure I attempted to look at the map within the last 8 months, but couldn't get it to work, so I'm pleased it's not disappearing and is now working.
    Diagnosed April 1995

18. Likes annekat, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks A LOT vdub for taking care so well of our map. It means so much to me that the candle of my beautiful Phil is on it....

I checked Israel on the map: @gmyi appeares twice. I couldn't find out how to put myself there. Can you please explain or write me there on Haifa ?

Thanks anyway. Happy New Year.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

20. Likes gilders liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast