Thread: Nasal rinses

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Nasal rinses

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/07/healt...-bn/index.html

I stumbled upon this in the news yesterday. I recall from some long ago thread that some folks seemed to think it is OK to do nasal rinses with tap water. (I use the NeilMed squeeze bottle and distilled or purified water.)

2. Likes Alysia, Masha, whatthewhat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Nasal rinses

I use the squeeze bottle and tap water. The water at home is great. When I'm on the road, I don't rinse.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@pberggren1 always said: never use tap water.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

5. Likes Masha, whatthewhat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right, I was told by ENT to always use distilled or purified water and to sanitize the bottle every time. Seems like an easy and sensible precaution. The odds of getting something nasty or fatal from using tap water may be long, but so are the odds of getting GPA to start with.... Like John S., if I am away for just a few days, I try to get away without rinsing, as the logistics can be a pain.

7. Likes Masha, Alysia, whatthewhat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am completely with you, just distilled or purified. There was a tragic case here in Charlotte a few years back. A young girl was at the man made water center, and sadly contacted the brain eating amoeba. She died very quickly.
    I figure it this way, my mother and the nuns drilled into me it would just take one time to get pregnant...so goes it with the water.

9. Likes Alysia, whatthewhat, mishb, Keith liked this post