Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Rituxan therapy and IgG, IgA, and IGM immunoglobulin labs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Rituxan therapy and IgG, IgA, and IGM immunoglobulin labs

When I visited my Rheumatologist this week he tested for IgG, IgA & IgM antibodies. Sure enough IgM antibodies were below normal. This finding is consistent with prior Rituximab treatment. I found the following study related to immunoglobulin testing.
    Thought many of you might find this interesting:

https://bmcmusculoskeletdisord.biome...71-2474-15-178

2. Likes Alysia, me2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Rituxan therapy and IgG, IgA, and IGM immunoglobulin labs

Thanks for the info. I am glad you and your son will soon get rtx. Also glad that your dr. Checks your IgG battery.

My case is different from what they describe in the article above, my IgG decreases over the years of getting rtx. I wrote about it here https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis....-(IgM-IgG-IgA)

I was never on ctx. But I am on pred 10 years now.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    Thanks for the info. I am glad you and your son will soon get rtx. Also glad that your dr. Checks your IgG battery.

My case is different from what they describe in the article above, my IgG decreases over the years of getting rtx. I wrote about it here https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis....-(IgM-IgG-IgA)

I was never on ctx. But I am on pred 10 years now.
    Your results show the importance of recognizing individual variations in results. Have you ever been thought to possibly benefit from immunoglobulin therapy? Do you get frequent infections?
    The health of both my son and I has been dragged down in the past by infections (uncorrelated with immunoglobulins so far) but for me at least I haven’t had any infections recently. My son won’t be getting RTX yet until they rule out a GI infection. Inexplicably his GI doc hasn’t even considered a mesenteric angiogram to rule out known Vasculitis involvement.
    Was this paper at all helpful for you?

5. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Your results show the importance of recognizing individual variations in results. Have you ever been thought to possibly benefit from immunoglobulin therapy? Do you get frequent infections?
    The health of both my son and I has been dragged down in the past by infections (uncorrelated with immunoglobulins so far) but for me at least I haven’t had any infections recently. My son won’t be getting RTX yet until they rule out a GI infection. Inexplicably his GI doc hasn’t even considered a mesenteric angiogram to rule out known Vasculitis involvement.
    Was this paper at all helpful for you?
    The paper is important anyway because although we share a lot in common, each one has his own reactions.

My IgG is still above the norm so no need of Ivig.

In my first year of rtx I was also on mtx. Actually I was months on the mtx before rtx but it didnt help my wg. while I was on both mtx and rtx I got many throat infections and UTIs. Since I stopped the mtx I rarely have infections and those I had were during wg flares, for example: eyes' infection (germs) during flare in my eyes, pneumonia during flare in my lungs.

As for your son's GI issue: I have diarrhea and stomach pains many years. It was thought that I had wg involvement in my colon. 2 years ago it became aweful crazy diarrhea. After many tests I got the diagnosis of second AI disease: Microscopic Colitis, collagenous type. I know 2 other weggies who have both WG and microscopic colitis. Not fun.

I suggest that your son will ask for the following tests: stool samples for all kinds of germs and parasites, blood tests for cmv colitis, CT of the stomach, calprotectin test, colonscopy and gastroscopy, blood tests for Halicobacter Pilori, tests for C-diff.

Being both the patient and the caretaker is not easy the say the least. Sending prayers to both of you.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's had all of the tests and everything came back normal. Now what?

8. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    He's had all of the tests and everything came back normal. Now what?
    Good news, if I understand correctly. It means that your immune systen is able to fight infections.
    Alysia
    dx 2008