Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fructured Toe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Fructured Toe

None of my doctors have informed me of any of that. I've been coasting at 7.5mg for quite awhile now and would like to go down to 5. I had a referral to an endoctrinologist to address my low bone density and I never followed through. Perhaps I should.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

2. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ouch, I know how that feels.

I had a very graceful slip and fall (it was slow motion) in the shower a couple of months ago, and broke my toe (the one next to the little one) and I found out two weeks ago, that I also tore the flexor tendon under my foot. My doctor said that it was plantar fasciitis, but it turned out to be a tendon tear (thanks Mr Pred,you love to help, but you also love to hinder)

I will never forget the post that Sangye put up about the extra pred when involved in a trauma or traumatic situation, and have used it a few times, and certainly did on the day of the shower fall.

I hope your toe heals quickly, and your body systems get back to normal.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

4. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mishb View Post
    Ouch, I know how that feels.

I had a very graceful slip and fall (it was slow motion) in the shower a couple of months ago, and broke my toe (the one next to the little one) and I found out two weeks ago, that I also tore the flexor tendon under my foot. My doctor said that it was plantar fasciitis, but it turned out to be a tendon tear (thanks Mr Pred,you love to help, but you also love to hinder)

I will never forget the post that Sangye put up about the extra pred when involved in a trauma or traumatic situation, and have used it a few times, and certainly did on the day of the shower fall.

I hope your toe heals quickly, and your body systems get back to normal.
    Dear Michelle,

I am so sorry about your toe and tendon, sounds too sore praying it will heal soon.

Do you relate to the post of Sangye that I quoted above or to another one ? How much extra pred did you take and for how long ?

Now that you say it this way, I think that @Dirty Don or was it @Pete or both of them - also wrote something about taking extra pred in case of injury ?? Not sure.

@annekat, for me as well, no dr. ever told me about Sangye's advices.

I read more of Sangye's posts about the pred and they contain VERY important info. Worth going back and reading.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

6. Likes me2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Alysia

It wasn’t me...

Is the toe feeling better?
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

8. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lovely Alysia,

My toe is fine now, except that it still looks a little bruised. The fall was at the end of August, so it has had plenty of time to heal.

I hope your toe is feeling better each day.

In regards to Sangye's post, yes it is the one that you have put up. The one that says to double your dose in the event of a stressful incident or trauma or accident.

I am only on 1mg pred, so when I fell, I took 10mg and each day I reduced it by 1mg until I was back at my normal dose of 1mg. So just over a week.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

10. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing to add medically; just super sorry you are going thru this

12. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    Thank you so much, all of you, my dear friends, for your wise and kind comments and for being here with me.

My bone density shows ostheopenia. Lately I started again to walk daily in order to help my poor bones but now it will have to wait...

I think that kwnorton is right. Paracetamol doesnt make me any reactions. I stopped taking it but still have chills and nausea, although much less, coming and going. The pain is also less.

I think it is like kwnorton said, a stress reaction of a body which is on the pred. I found the thread I was looking for:

Not sure but maybe I was supposed to take more pred to help myself... Sangye described a more dramatic event. Anyway, a good reminder.

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis....=Sangye+stress

On page 2 Sangye wrote: (I copy)

This applies to anyone on pred and every doctor normally thoroughly informs a patient when s/he is put on pred doses 20 mg or higher for at least 3 weeks. (That's the dose and length of time necessary to shut down the adrenals) But PLEASE VERIFY this with your own doctor, as I cannot give medical advice.

If you have an accident, trauma, surgery, severe stressevent, etc. it can put you into an adrenal crisis, which means your usual pred dose is not enough to keep you alive. This is fatal within 24 hours if not addressed. Normally you need to take double your daily pred dose as soon as possible, but if you're already at higher doses (eg 60 mg or higher) you might need less. If you are unsure, you MUST call your doctor immediately (page them) OR go to the ER immediately.

This is also true for one year after you go off pred. You should always carry enough pred with you and your emergency card in your wallet and/or Medical alert necklace should indicate this.

Although both my son and myself have developed chronic Adrenal Insufficiency (unknown if we have had Adrenal “Crisis”) we are managed by daily Hydrocortisone (NOT Prednisone). We no loger take Prednisone for our Vasculitis.
    Yesterday I was rediagnosed by my Los Angeles Rheumatologist with CNS Vasculitis and have been directed to begin Rituxan treatment for the 7th time as soon as we can get it set up.
    My son will get Rituxan again too, as soon as they rule out GI infection.

14. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Alysia,
    Sorry to hear about your toe injury.
    I initially thought the "chills" could be a symptom of shock, but if it's still happening days after the injury, I'm not so sure. Hope you're painfree soon.
    Diagnosed April 1995

16. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Michelle,
    Also sorry to hear of your foot injury too. Hope you also are recovering well and putting your feet up.
    Diagnosed April 1995

18. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gilders View Post
    Hi Michelle,
    Also sorry to hear of your foot injury too. Hope you also are recovering well and putting your feet up.
    Thanks mate, all good here.
    I wear a support sock that helps with the flexor tendon

I hope you are finally getting some relief.
    Any new kidney in sight yet?
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

20. Likes Alysia liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast