Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Fructured Toe

Quote Originally Posted by gilders View Post
    Hi Alysia,
    Sorry to hear about your toe injury.
    I initially thought the "chills" could be a symptom of shock, but if it's still happening days after the injury, I'm not so sure. Hope you're painfree soon.
    Thanks a lot Pete. My Toe and me are feeling better each day. No more chills. I think you are right and it was a symptom of shock. If something similar will happen again I will take more pred.

Nice seeing you around. I missed you. I keep you always in my thoughts and prayers.

Any kidneys' news ?
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    @Alysia

It wasn’t me...

Is the toe feeling better?
    I found it here

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis....ght=Pred+blast

You and @Dirty Don call it pred blast.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

3. Likes mishb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just finished a 'pred blast' for severe case of bursitis (I crashed into a golf cart this summer with my BODY! - how dumb was that...this old bod doesn't take hits like that anymore!) at 60mg for 5 days, then a taper. Worked quite well...yes, I was a pain to live with for a week or so, but I feel better now. Looking for other alternatives is hardly efficient nor validated for the most part, nor are they for everyone. Keep looking everyone...this is what we've got! Handle it. Best to all!
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

5. Likes Pete, mishb, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post

Any kidneys' news ?
    I've lost count of the amount of times I've been told "one final test", but on Tuesday I will have an exercise cardio test and alpha-fetoprotein test. That should be everything completed and operation should be about 6 weeks later......but we'll wait and see. The hospital that has been arranging this transplant has done a very poor job in my opinion. Every few months I think about requesting to change hospital, but as I keep being led to believe I'm very close to the operation, I decide not to "rock the boat".
    Diagnosed April 1995

7. Likes Alysia, Masha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gilders View Post
    I've lost count of the amount of times I've been told "one final test", but on Tuesday I will have an exercise cardio test and alpha-fetoprotein test. That should be everything completed and operation should be about 6 weeks later......but we'll wait and see. The hospital that has been arranging this transplant has done a very poor job in my opinion. Every few months I think about requesting to change hospital, but as I keep being led to believe I'm very close to the operation, I decide not to "rock the boat".
    Thanks for the update Pete. I admire your patience and endurance. Praying you will soon get your new kidney.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Don View Post
    Just finished a 'pred blast' for severe case of bursitis (I crashed into a golf cart this summer with my BODY! - how dumb was that...this old bod doesn't take hits like that anymore!) at 60mg for 5 days, then a taper. Worked quite well...yes, I was a pain to live with for a week or so, but I feel better now. Looking for other alternatives is hardly efficient nor validated for the most part, nor are they for everyone. Keep looking everyone...this is what we've got! Handle it. Best to all!
    Thanks for the update, Don. Sorry about your accident and glad that you are getting better. Be careful and take good care of yourself, old bod or not, I guess we weggies got our bodies "second hand" from the beginning

Then, pred blast is the way to go with injuries. At least we are blessed to have it, compared to poor non weggies who don't know the joy of pred consuming
    Alysia
    dx 2008

10. Likes Dirty Don liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Dirty Don, Golf cart crashes are no fun. But at least you are on the uptick. I was doing a slow taper from prednisone. From 10, I went down 1/4 every two weeks. It took me two months to get to 9. Feeling great, but then I had to go and push a faster taper. Talk about DUMB. I woke up with the start of a sore throat, didn’t even have to cough to get all that phlegm up. So up went the prednisone, on went the humidifiers, Mucinex for chest. All I needed was another case of pneumonia. I caught it in time. Thanks to all of you out there who keep repeating to move fast. I am just left with some leg pain. The hardest part was my husband was having a procedure in downtown Charlotte. I wanted to be with him, and I did manage to drive. Since I was going to be in a medical building I thought it would be prudent to wear my mask and gloves. All I needed was a white coat! When we left I still had the mask on and stopped at a store. Three people thanked me for wearing it. I didn’t want to tell them I was wearing it to protect myself from them.
    Snow coming to Charlotte this weekend. BRRRR
    Masha

12. Likes Dirty Don, Alysia, mishb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Alyssa,
    I know when I break a bone (I u fortunately have broken several in my life) I get nauseous & have the chills. It’s my body’s reaction I guess. Doesn’t matter if I have broken a thumb or an arm-my body reacts the same & I know immediately it’s broken. As for the tetanus vaccine-since my diagnosis I have had several without any reaction.
    Natty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fructure... is that a mix between 2 different words or simply a typo?
    just kidding, just a little humor on an otherwise gloomy day.

I'll be your huckleberry.

16. Likes annekat, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Assuming it is a misspelling of Fracture. But then again perhaps it was someone’s joke i didn’t get. Wouldn’t be surprised in my current state. Still waiting for Rituxan & finding humor difficult to find.
    ❤️������

18. Likes annekat, Alysia liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast