Quote Originally Posted by mikecaven View Post
This recent flare, per my Rheumatologist, is indeed Wegeners. But he has referred me to lung doctor who believes I also have severe sinusitis. She sent me for CTscan of lungs and sinuses. The CTscan shows severe sinusitis throughout sinuses with extreme blockages caused by polyps. She referred me to a Rhinologist ENT who said I had to have surgery to prevent breathing and future infections. So next Friday I will have this surgery. Hopeful that this will solve some problems Also on antibiotics for over two weeks and have been on Prednisone and recently had two Rituxin infusions. Today I feel great. Sharing this so you guys might consider CTscan of sinuses. I was shocked how much blockage could be so clearly seen throughout my head. I had two similar surgeries in early 1980’s. But new technologies/mini cameras are now helpful to make this surgery easier. Much of this sinus problem has been cause by WG. FYI: I have learned it is important to see an ENT who is a Rhinologist who is knowledgeable about WG, rather than a regular ENT. CT scan is imperative. I have had WG for 37 years! I am now 71.
This is all familiar!You're right, CT scan of the sinuses is very important. Both my son & myself have had severe sinus disease (CT scans, MRI's, etc.) and persistent rhinitis. Must say we've avoided surgery of any kind like the plague due to strong bias against the efficacy in our disease. Although we've had severe chest pain, lung symptoms & cough so far they haven't picked up significant changes (except for nodules, ground glass infiltrates, and mild fibrosis!) as we've already been treated with 20 years of immune suppressants. You've had WG for a very long time! Let us know how you fare with your upcoming surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk