Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Germs & a stress buster

Well, it is flu season here in the states. Wegeners and the flu are fatal enemies. Came across some interesting reading recently. Using instant hand sanitizer doesn?t hold a candle to washing with hot water and soap. Wearing a mask is 97% more effective in not getting sick than the flu vaccine. Do not have lemon or ice put in your water while dining out. Both stand a great chance of being contaminated. So I say if you don?t like plain water-drink a cold beer.
    Never use the blower in the restroom to dry your hands. Actually, you don?t want to be near it while it is in use. Saw a picture of it-it is blowing every molecule in that bathroom all over. Need I say more? Yuck
    Charlotte just had a very upscale restaurant exposed to hepatitis. This past summer a local fast food chain had 4,000 people exposed to it. Yes, I said FOUR THOUSAND. There were calls for everyone to come get a free vaccine. What does that mean for people like us?

TV. On the days when you just feel like chilling out, in our case, sore legs, etc. some people turn to the TV. We have found current ads, TV to be a bit too much for us. My husband has YouTube coming in on the TV?s. If you like animals this is the solution for stress. We watch the antics of cats and dogs, plus all of the other creatures that roam the earth. A few hours of this is better than popping a pill for pain.

Be Well,
    Masha

2. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Germs & a stress buster

Thanks for sharing, Masha.

I dont eat outside anymore since my colitis became aggresive. But even before, the tiny bit that I did eat or drink, was only in very clean places and with once-used cup, plate, spoon etc., and "wrapped" food.

I dont watch TV either. But it is hard to ignore the news here right now. There is a war going on at the South of my country in the last days... I live in the North so here it is quiet.... Please pray for PEACE.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

4. Likes seied, Masha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alysia, I do think and pray for you. I didn’t know how close you were to the danger zone. Good to know you are not right on top of it. I know a lady who’s brother-in-law lives there and he built a safe room.
    I understand where you would avoid eating out with colitis. I like to cook, but it is good to get out occasionally too.
    We haven’t heard from Lily or Gilders on this site for a while. Do you (or anyone else reading this post) talk to them on any other site?
    With Wegeners we don’t know if they are feeling better and out enjoying life or if they are feeling worse and don’t feel like writing.
    Masha

6. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Masha.
    First thread I've read in quite a while and I've just seen you mention my name! It's very humbling to know there's other people who do actually think about me.
    I'm still awaiting the transplant. The whole process has been extremely poorly organised. I recently lost my entitlement to my mobility car (government cuts) recently and will have to hand it back in January. Very stressful at the moment. I'm so tired and my brain seems foggy and slow.
    We did get to London for a couple of nights. We saw John Fogerty one night and School of Rock the other. I was too tired to do much during the 3 days, only managed a look around Harrods, St. Paul's Cathedral and the mall next to our hotel.
    All the bugs and viruses do worry me, especially once I've had the transplant and will be on two different rejection meds.
    Diagnosed April 1995

8. Likes mishb, Alysia liked this post