Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Intruder

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would be very scarey to have a druken man in your house. I don't know drunken man or tarantula? Scared of them both. Drunken man not moving so much, but tarantula moving?? Yikes?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy smokes, Luce, I think I'd have grabbed the nearest heavy object and beat the lout senseless. I can't stand drunks. Spiders don't bother me much. I lived in Texas for 13 years with my ex, another lout I'd like to beat senseless. Anyway, about the spiders, Texas has some rather large tarantulas also. One house we lived in must have been built on the motherload of all spider nests, cuz it was very infested. My first experience with the creatures was to walk into my kitchen one morning to find 3 of the big hirsute things staring at me from the middle of the kitchen floor! Not being a screamer, I still jumped a bit and called for my lout to come see. He hates hairy spiders, so of course I took much glee in his reaction. The blood drained from his face and he started sweating, LOL! Of course he was so focused on the spiders that he took no note of my satisfaction. He told me to get a Folgers can with a lid and he set the can over top of them one by one and slid the lid under it and took them into the yard. I had many episodes with them. I was a gardener and so saw them a lot. My flower beds were lined with 4x4's and the spiders liked to burrow under the edge of these to tunnel down and make burrows. Often I'd stick the garden hose in the holes to see them eventually come popping up and run off to avoid the flood. I'm so mean. Ya gotta be living in Texas if ya wanna survive! :P

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha Ha, as I was just reading your stories I heard a doorbell, I am in my jammies in bed upstairs, so I look out the window who it is and it is a man in overalls with a cap on and a reflective vest on. I was just debating whether to go down and open the door when he moved and in his hand was a machette. Yes a machette. Needless to say I did not go down. He went away and I heard him chopping some brush close to the road. I assume they are clearing some bushes away from the hydro lines, but I am not willing to go and find out. When it is time to leave I will just go into the garage jump in my car and go.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy mackeral, you'd think he'd have the sense to leave the machete by the brush. @@ If they are still round when you leave, be wary. So many lunatics in the world. Yup, I love my HUGE scary looking dog!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL-- a machete....

In a beautiful, quiet trailerpark, surburban Vancouver, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all, I HATE spiders!! We used to have a tenttrailer and one spring when cleaning it out, there was a halfsize Tarantula staring at me. I ran out screaming and asked my x who thought he was a cool spiderremover to please take it out. So, he nonchalantly went in and 2 secs later came out hollering:"get the kids away!!" I had to turn with my satisfied smile!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was a long machete to boot.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was reading Anna's post about sticking the garden hose down the burrows and it remonded me of a story I read about here in Australia. We have funnel web spiders (they are poisonous) and they have a web sticking out of the burrow that well looks like a funnel (lol I guess reason for there name) anywhoo, this bloke (man) had a number of them around his home and so decided he would pour fuel down all the burrows and light it...might have sounded like a great idea except all the burrows ran under this house and needless to say he got rid of the spiders and his house in the process....smart very smart!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG katwoman, that is scary yet hilarious. Sounds like a redneck guy for sure. I can't imagine a woman ever doing something like that. ^^
    I wonder if his home owners policy covered that? lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12