Hi everyone, just updating on what I've learned about BAHA. I decided that for now I am not up for the invasive procedure/osseointegration option. I now have the external SoundArc device from Cochlear and am quite happy with it. It's still new for me and I'm playing with the programming and positioning, etc., but it's already making a huge difference in my day to day interaction with the world. If I block my "good" ear, I can actually hear out of the other one. It's slightly tinny, but so much better than being functionally deaf on that side. I've been testing it in the usual challenging environments, like grocery stores, restaurants.... Cosmetically, it just looks like I am wearing a bluetooth device or something. I can control the volume and some other adjustments with my iPhone. I can even stream music through it... which is weird and a little bit dizzying. If you have GPA related conductive hearing loss that has not been otherwise addressed to your satisfaction, you might want to look into it. Honestly, I did not appreciate how much I was not hearing until I got this.