Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Sinus Congestion

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Sinus Congestion

Does anyone use Flonase nasal spray or Mucinex Spray? I irrigate with the Sinu Pulse Machine, take a Mucinex tablet and of course my Prednisone. I still suffer from night time congestion, and was on antibiotics this summer.
    Masha

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Sinus Congestion

I use Flonase. It works well for me. I tried to stop using it during the summer, but I got clogged up at night.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    ----Arleta

3. Likes Masha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t take either one. I take 10 mg of loratidiene and 10 mg of Phenylephrine each morning and 10 mg of Phenylephrine at supper time. My head stays pretty clear.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

5. Likes Masha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about trying Zyrtec, Allegra, et.al?
    Last edited by seied; 09-24-2018 at 01:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use the Neal Med nasal rinse every morning. At breakfast I take a generic Claritin pill and a spray of Flonase. I do the pill and spray again at dinner time. I also wash my hands every time I handle the cat. My sinuses are staying clear and I'm not reacting to the cat allergy.

8. Likes Pete liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Masha View Post
    Does anyone use Flonase nasal spray or Mucinex Spray? I irrigate with the Sinu Pulse Machine, take a Mucinex tablet and of course my Prednisone. I still suffer from night time congestion, and was on antibiotics this summer.
    Masha
    I rinse daily and take the generic Guafinisen twice a day and rinse extra if/ or when congested. I also use Zyrtec when allergy symptoms warrant it. Usually passages seem clear but often plugged in morning until I rinse with my Sinus Pulse machine. I like it better than the squirt bottle since it is milder force and provides a longer rinse period too.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you tried Alkalol ? It’s otc and has menthol etc in it. Nice to soothe the nose

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use Flonase several times a week, depending on when my ear starts stopping up. I need to investigate possible issues from long term use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't take any of the above anymore. Have discovered through trial and error that none of these work. Antibiotics & Prediisone make things drastically worse, albeit helping in the short term. The only things that eventually relieve sinus congestion for me are Rituxan and diet. I'm banking on the fact that leaving behind the modern American diet by having taken up a Ketogenic and organic diet (free of grains and lectins - see Dr. Stephen Gundry) seem to be working, along with Rituxan to treat the Vasculitis. Hoping to get off the Rituxan eventually.
    Here is a link to keeping a lectin free diet by Dr. Gundry. https://gundrymd.com/lectins-history/
    Last edited by [email protected]; 03-05-2019 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Adding link

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also dont use any rinse or ointment to my nose. Fluids went straight to my ears (no idea why) and ached like hell. Ointments made it worse.
    Only rtx helps my poor nose.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.