Likes Likes:  13

Thread: Checking In

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Checking In

Thought I would check in once. Life has been good. Knee is back to its old tricks, so I scheduled another Coolief procedure to deaden the pain centers in the knee.

We got a puppy since I was last on here. (part of why I haven't been on here much) We now have Millie, a 6 month old Golden-doodle. She is the joy of our house! We went 2 years without a dog and we are glad to have one back again. My goal is to have Millie certified as a therapy dog and an Emotional Support Animal. I would then take he to work every day at the college, and try to spread some love less stress to students, staff and even the faculty. (-8

Wegs is stable. Nose is still an issue if I don't rinse regularly--that sucks.

Already planning our trip to the Vasculitis Symposium next year in Minneapolis. Can't wait to catch up with a good number of you.

Hope you are all doing well and living your lives to the fullest!!

PrincessDoodlePants.jpg
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Checking In

She is adorable. My two toy poodles have been my best friends when I am down and out with this dreaded disease. They are also my best buds on the great days too! Mine are liter mates and big sister is the boss of her little brother.
    My sinus issues have given me a run for my money lately. Maybe it is a form of Wegeners forecasting the hurricane coming my way. We are expecting a great deal of rain, but Florence looks like she is taking a more northern pass. Our friends who live on the coast are going through mandatory evacuations. I remember those only too well during our Florida years.
    I am to start an infusion series next week, and feel the need. Hope there are no long lasting power outages.
    I was trying to decrease the dreaded Prednisone when the sinus blood vessels swelled so much, you could see the right side of my face enlarge. I am back up to 15 mg of prednisone, but the option is pretty undesirable too.
    Be well,
    Masha

3. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great to see you Mike, and Millie

Sorry that your knee is giving you grief again.
    The coolief seems to have worked well. It seems like it's been ages since you were thinking about having it operated on.
    How many times can you receive the coolief treeatment?
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

5. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to hear from you. We are planning on going to the symposium in MN next year as well

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mishb View Post
    Great to see you Mike, and Millie

Sorry that your knee is giving you grief again.
    The coolief seems to have worked well. It seems like it's been ages since you were thinking about having it operated on.
    How many times can you receive the coolief treeatment?
    Coolief can be repeated every 6 months and no end until it stops working for longer periods of time.
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

8. Likes mishb, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Mike.
    It's good to hear from you and great to see that you have a new four - legged friend! I think you know how much dogs mean to me and I'm still grateful for the advice you gave when ours was losing it's battle.

Sorry to hear about your knee giving you grief.
    Diagnosed April 1995

10. Likes Alysia liked this post