User Tag List

Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Any good wegeners doctors in or near Sun City or Phoenix Arizona?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Any good wegeners doctors in or near Sun City or Phoenix Arizona?

I am moving to Sun City AZ and need to find a good Doc for my Wegeners GPA. Any one know of one??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Any good wegeners doctors in or near Sun City or Phoenix Arizona?

Check with @Dirty Don. He sees someone at Mayo.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I called Mayo in Phoenix and they don't work well with Medicare, told me there would be higher co-pays. I had checked in with one of the satellite clinics last visit and they didn't take it at all. Thanks though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mayo in general does charge a higher rate, about 15% over the Medicare pay back rate if one demands math. It's not a co-pay, just added to bill. If one has secondary insurance, it usually picks up most of that excess. Mayo docs have the option of taking Medicare IF they want...it's their choice, your good luck. For example, I go to the Shea clinic for most of my appts. and never a problem with Medicare. It's approximately a $1000 bill w/ bloods, etc. I pay about $100 of that. So, yes, they do charge above a 'going rate', then again, weigh the services one gets for it. I'd call the dept. you want instead of a clinic...Mayo clinics are designed to service those who don't need the docs right away...they need a referral from a Mayo doc to keep insurance active there. My rheumy is Dr.Lester Mertz, head of rheumatology for PHX Mayo, dept. ph.# 480-301-4342. And, one other bitty piece of advice, sometimes one has to keep calling Mayo to get in. They are usually full outside of emergencies...but once in, you have full access to them all of the time. Best of luck to you...
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

5. Likes Pete, Alysia, Masha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Don View Post
    Mayo in general does charge a higher rate, about 15% over the Medicare pay back rate if one demands math. It's not a co-pay, just added to bill. If one has secondary insurance, it usually picks up most of that excess. Mayo docs have the option of taking Medicare IF they want...it's their choice, your good luck. For example, I go to the Shea clinic for most of my appts. and never a problem with Medicare. It's approximately a $1000 bill w/ bloods, etc. I pay about $100 of that. So, yes, they do charge above a 'going rate', then again, weigh the services one gets for it. I'd call the dept. you want instead of a clinic...Mayo clinics are designed to service those who don't need the docs right away...they need a referral from a Mayo doc to keep insurance active there. My rheumy is Dr.Lester Mertz, head of rheumatology for PHX Mayo, dept. ph.# 480-301-4342. And, one other bitty piece of advice, sometimes one has to keep calling Mayo to get in. They are usually full outside of emergencies...but once in, you have full access to them all of the time. Best of luck to you...

Thanks for the info, just getting around to this now. Was still working with my Dr. in MN. I got lucky as I went to Mayo in MN back in 2014 and have an ID in their system. I asked for an appointment on line and actually got one fairly quick. Gong to the newer one up on north side of Scottsdale near 101 and Tatum next week.

Looks like my insurance will pick up all the difference so should be fine. thanks

7. Likes Dirty Don, Alysia liked this post