Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Strict Dieting

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Strict Dieting

I'm continuing to drop pounds, but slowly. A big advantage, however, has been the reduction of my blood sugar levels. Most nights, I don't need any insulin. No long term insuiulin last night and my waking blood sugar was 85.

2. Likes Pete, drz, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-30 now. I looked in the mirror. I don't see the missing pounds but I do see the pounds that still need to come off.

I'm coming up on 6 months since last RTX infusion. Headaches returned 3-4 weeks ago but so far no other symptoms.

4. Likes Pete, Dirty Don, Alysia, mishb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    A few years ago I had a heart attack and got several stents installed. After that incident, I went on a strict diet and lost 50 pounds. I was feeling great. Shortly after that, I started getting massive headaches, I had double vision, then one eye swelled up to touch my eyeglasses, giant nasal crusts.... I was in and out of the hospital for several months and on Prednisone for these symptoms. The 50 pounds came back with a vengeance. It was another year before I was diagnosed with GPA.
    Fast forward. I have been off of Prednisone for several months and I made a decision to try to lose weight again. I am now back on the diet. Also, I am diabetic.
    This morning my waking blood sugar was 99. I had 2 cups of coffee and will drink 4-5 glasses of water before eating lunch at 11. I'll have one poached egg on wheat toast, 4-5 strawberries and some cantaloupe. Then take 5 units of fast acting Insulin. For dinner, I'll eat 10 sautéed shrimp, a piece of wheat toast with honey butter and more fruit. Followed with another 5 units of fast acting insulin. Lots more water throughout the day. One Diet Pepsi around 8:30. I'll test my blood sugar before bed and determine if any slow acting insulin is needed.

I've already lost about 15 pounds, the first pounds come easy.

Am I risking a flareup?

Hi John,
    I don’t think this diet will trigger the WG. There is research that suggests fasting 12-16 hours & eating 8-12 hours a day is beneficial & helps with weight loss. I don’t know if fasting will trigger an immune response however. I do know that eating healthy such as the autoimmune diet can help a lot with inflammation. I personally try to keep close to the autoimmune diet but I find it extremely difficult. Please keep us updated. I am interested to know how you feel! Good luck
    Natty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NatriceRomeo View Post
    Hi John,
    I don’t think this diet will trigger the WG. There is research that suggests fasting 12-16 hours & eating 8-12 hours a day is beneficial & helps with weight loss. I don’t know if fasting will trigger an immune response however. I do know that eating healthy such as the autoimmune diet can help a lot with inflammation. I personally try to keep close to the autoimmune diet but I find it extremely difficult. Please keep us updated. I am interested to know how you feel! Good luck
    Natty

My most recent blood test showed that my SED rate was much lower than the previous month.
    I'm not following the Autoimmune Diet as I usually eat one egg and a piece of wheat bread daily. I am eating lots of fruit, drinking lots of water and trying to keep to 3-4 ounces of meat per day. No snacking. And I end the day with one, deliciously fabulous Fanny May Trinidad. I think next month, I'll switch that to a Pixie though.
    Last edited by John S; 09-20-2018 at 12:07 AM.

8. Likes Pete, NatriceRomeo, Alysia, mishb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still at -30. I hate being on a 2 week plateau. My blood sugar has been getting pretty low (70) and I've been feeling depleted so I have been slowly cutting back on insulin. For the last two days, I haven't had any insulin. I do take 1000 mg of Metformin twice a day.
    My blood sugar is now hovering at 95-115. I'm feeling less run down now so I'm going to resume exercises today.

10. Likes Pete, Jaha, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A 30lb weight loss is great. It really gets harder as we have less to lose.
    I am sure that it is even harder when you combine the DM, with weight loss. Keep up the good work and give yourself a pat on the back for the changes you are making!
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

12. Likes Alysia, drz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SED Rate is 9. Now hovering around -35 pounds. Current pants are loose but next smaller size is tight. This is what we call a "First World Problem".

14. Likes Pete, seied, Masha, NatriceRomeo, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-40 today. The last ten pounds took 45 days. Sheesh. Put away some of my 3x shirts that were looking pretty baggy. Hello 2X, I haven't seen you for awhile. Now I can buy clothes from the regular mens department instead of the "Big & Tall" section.

16. Likes Pete, Dirty Don, Masha, NatriceRomeo, mishb, Jaha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look at you go!! Congratulations!

18. Likes John S liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NatriceRomeo View Post
    Look at you go!! Congratulations!

When I do look at me, I see that my "Man Boobs" are still bigger than many women's. I see 60 more pounds that I need to shed.

20. Likes mishb liked this post
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast